*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1928664-Queen-of-the-Whispering-Woods
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1928664
This will be a longer story some day but here's where it begins.
         “I love you,” he whispered in worship.
         “Don’t,” she responded frigidly.
         “Why not?” he begged angrily.  “It’s true.”
         She groaned.  “It can’t be.  You don’t know who I really am; what I really am.”
         He stared at her adoringly, his face so much like a stupid puppy she just wanted to scream.  She had to make him see.  She turned her back on him and took a deep breath.  She felt the normal sensation—as if water were running freely down her back.  A bright light emanated from behind her as a pair of golden, gossamer wings extended from her spine.  She turned back to him, to see his horrified face, her eyes shining.  When she faced him, however, his eyes were filled only with loving acceptance.
         “You’re so beautiful.”  His blue eyes bore deep into her green.  “And I still love you.  Please.”
         She sighed, the tears spilling over and making tracks on her pale cheeks.  “I can’t.”
© Copyright 2013 mama umbridge (whowantspunch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1928664-Queen-of-the-Whispering-Woods