*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1929353-1---2---3---GONE
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1929353
Seventeen year old girl waiting to fly the coop and live life to the fullest.
                                                                               One



         Don’t let other people’s opinions define you or bring you down, keep the faith and always trust yourself.

~KiaraLeigh

         Sitting on the couch being lazy, being a seventeen year old girl waiting for her chance to fly the coop and live life to the fullest. Realizing I had to do something with my life. I jumped up, ran to my computer, logged on to Facebook, and typed a short status update. “Going on a jog… text me if you need me.” I pull on my running shoes, plugged in my head phones to my phone, slipped out my back door while putting my earphones in my ears, jogged down the stairs, and sprinted to the center trail. Little did I know my life was about to flip upside down…

         Jogging down trails was not my thing. I liked being in the forest where the terrain was ever-changing. It is practically a new challenge every time. There is only one down side to going off the trail. You get lost very easily. I love the challenge running through woods, but my dad forbids it. “There is poison ivy, poison oak, and deer poop.” He says. But do I listen, NOPE, does any teenager listen to their parents. Nope.

         I ran down the trail for a while, and then I finally got up over the hill out of sight. I stop. Look around. Some would say I looked like a prairie dog. Once you run the trail for a while you memorize it and it gets boring really fast. So, I turn and start sprinting down across the meadow.

         I cut over to where my uncle’s hunting shack is stationed at and grab my backpack and Elven bow and arrows I stashed there. In the backpack there are several things that would be needed in several different situations.



•          Packing Tape

•          Snacks

      o          Nuts

      o          Dried Fruits

      o          Dry Cereal

•          Compass

•          Maps

•          Matches

•          Small First Aid Kit

      o          Bandages

      o          Sterile Pads

      o          Tape

      o          Antiseptic

      o          Asprin

      o          Pocket Knife

•          Flashlight

•          Toilet Paper

•          Insect Repellent

•          Water

•          Elven Bow

•          Arrows

•          Blanket

•          Extra Clothes

•          Tarp

•          Money



         Once I grabbed my backpack, I started running toward the back end of my property. By now I am listening to my favorite song, Guy’s Girl by Jaida Dreyer.

         Running past the swamp and running into a problem…

         I stop dead in my tracks.

         What the fuck was that.

         I rip out my ear buds and yell “Whose there?”

         No answer.

         I turn and track back to my Uncle’s hut. I turn to run back up to the meadow and there is that shadow again. So, I did the only thing logical.

         I ran after it.

         With my bow in hand and an arrow notched, I yelled “Stop”. Needless to say they didn’t stop. Noticing they didn’t have a weapon, I put my arrow back and slung my bow over my shoulders.

         Running after him for a while he disappeared. I ran around the tree and saw a filmy substance. I stepped closer and it moved… Another step still it moves… So, I grabbed a skinning knife off my hip, reached out, and touched it. I didn’t feel anything so I pushed my arm through it.

         There must have been someone on the other side because I was pulled into this filmy substance.

         The first thing I realized was, I was not alone, and I was in a cave.

© Copyright 2013 Gamergirl (gamergirl1995 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1929353-1---2---3---GONE