*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1929699-5-Green-Tips-For-Saving-The-World-From
Rated: E · Article · Educational · #1929699
This is an article I wrote for a Dallas apartment complex's community blog.
It's not hard to go green in Dallas, especially when you live at the BLVD Apartments. Here are 5 easy ways to go green at home:



1.Turn off all your lights when you aren't at home. Less heat in the environment means less money on your bill.

2.Only run your dishwasher when it's full. Don't run the dishwasher with only a few dishes, wait until its full to save up to 15 gallons.

3.Turn off the sink while you brush your teeth. Turning off the water for two minutes can save up to 6 gallons of water while you brush.

4.Instead of throwing out used items, see if you can DIY them. There are hundreds of great DIY projects just waiting for those leftover SOLO cups in your kitchen. "Up-cycle" them to make a cute gift instead of sending them to the landfill.

5.Give away your unwanted materials to free service organizations. Reduce the size of landfills by having charities pickup your gently used goods.



These are just a few of the simple ways to go green in Dallas. There are plenty more options for you to consider, but this is a great place to start. What are your suggestions? Share them with us on the BLVD Facebook page.
© Copyright 2013 Zoe Graveline (zoegraveline at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1929699-5-Green-Tips-For-Saving-The-World-From