*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1930162-Pokemonsters--Intro
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Thriller/Suspense · #1930162
We thought Pokemon were cute and cuddly... we were wrong. (not just a fan-fiction)
My name is Mark Gugger.

The year is 2013. The world has gone to hell. Civilization is a thing of the past. Any pocket of people that still exists has been reduced to living in a primitive state. I know it seems weird. The world. Gone to shit. How could this have possibly happened? For anyone reading this, I want to be abundantly clear: humanity did not do this. This was not an "act of God." Regardless of what any future governments or leaders try to tell you, I want everyone to know the truth. We were no longer the dominant species on the planet.

In 1998, scientists learned to replicate life. Using the world's most brilliant minds, several of the world's greatest nations came together to create life ex-nihilo (which means create from nothing). The result was a pink bulbous creature with bright blue eyes. It had pointy ears and a tuft of hair. They named this creature Jigglypuff, after the lead scientist, Joshua Jiggs.

After a few months of careful, intensive study, the scientists were prepared to make their creation public. The result was a frenzy. People all across the world went crazy for this creature. It had a soothing singing voice that could calm even the most hostile of people. It packed a punch too. These little creatures became the newest craze. The waitlist to buy a Jigglypuff was so long, people were told they could potentially be waiting a lifetime to receive one.

Of course, with such a monster, the scientists were forced to develop a form of restraint on the monster. In mere weeks, the scientists unveiled the Pokeball. The Pokeball was the handy way to transport your Jigglypuff. It was small enough to fit in your pocket, but it could also force your Jigglypuff into confinement if it misbehaved. This of course turned the Jigglypuff into a cash cow. Video games were developed, toys were manufactured by the millions, and all sorts of merchandise was hitting the shelves... only to be immediately taken by the quickest consumer.

But then, the world leaders wanted more.

The group of scientists grew in numbers as each nation wanted a stake in the new monster. Eventually, this greed for money turned into a greed for power. Leaders would sneak the scientists money to develop new monsters, each stronger than the one before; nations wanted nothing more than to have the strongest Pokemon so they could be considered the strongest nation. The scientists worked tirelessly to create new Pokemon. Jiggs alone developed and created about 200 of these monsters (now called Pokemon) in the space of two months.

But then, the accidents happened. A man was home alone with his Pokemon when the monster suddenly went on a frenzy. The man tried to force the creature into its Pokeball, but it refused. The Pokemon then murdered its owner without hesitation. Similar stories would pop up around the world as the Pokemon became reckless. As much as people tried to restrain these monsters, they had simply become too powerful to control anymore. The U.N. held meetings on how to handle these horrific monsters, but no decision could be made.

It was too late.

Jiggs and his research team made it out of their laboratory alive and fled into the forest, never to be heard from again. The world had been overtaken by monsters, and their creators were now nowhere to be found.

Months later, Jiggs and his research team left the forest, only to find that humanity had been all but extinct. Human bodies now littered the ground; blood and gore splattered across every inch of visible surface. The original research team felt nothing but shame and sorrow.

Their shameful moment would be interrupted though as an enormous Groudon stepped around a corner. It eyed the group mercilessly and in an instant, blistering heat poured from the large monster, consuming the group. One man luckily managed to escape. He is currently unaccounted for and still on the run as he searches for an answer. He may very well be humanity's last hope.

How do I know this?

Because I am that man.

My name is Mark Gugger. This is my story.
© Copyright 2013 M. Trivino (trivino at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1930162-Pokemonsters--Intro