*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1930201-Not-Even-Elephants---Revised
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Comedy · #1930201
A story I wrote for a 500 word, humor challenge. It has been revised to clarify it.
        “Welcome to the Stay Stuck emergency line. Press 1, if you or someone you know ingested one of our products. Press 2, if you or someone you know stuck a body part to a body part with one of our products. Press 3, if you—” said a computerized voice on the other end of the line. I interrupted the voice by pressing 2. Yes, that's correct; I stuck a body part to another body part with a Stay Stuck product.

         You see, my hand was currently glued to my butt. No, not my pants, my butt. Please don't think I'm some sick weirdo. I assure you it started out innocent enough. My daughter had brought home a letter from the teacher. I was tasked with making some decorations for the spring dance and bringing them in the next day. It didn't take a genius to know my little angel forgot to give me the letter. To make matters worse, I am not a crafty person. I'm bad, scary bad. Explains a lot doesn't it.

         I struggled for hours, but nothing stayed glued down. At some point, I gave up and headed for the store to find some miracle. While in the craft department, I spotted a small display of Stay Stuck. The sign proclaimed, “Not even elephants can pull our glue apart.” I could only hope this would be my miracle. I purchased my glue and headed home to begin my torture anew.

         I laid out my design and started gaining some confidence. The things I stuck down were now staying down. The slogan for the dance needed sketched out, so I set to work. I adjusted some of the letter spacings, and soon the banner was ready to be painted.

         My tongue slipped out as I concentrated on the task at hand. As if on cue, I noticed a paint drip descending my brush. I snatched the paper towels up, knocking over my paint cup. Paint splattered and coursed down every crevice. I snatched up everything in the path of the paint and set the items aside. I grabbed for the paper towels to contain the paint.

         I took a deep breath and counted to ten. Everything survived the ordeal, except my pants. I started pulling them off, hoping to avoid any more paint mishaps. My balance wavered, and I wobbled on one leg trying to right myself. I threw my palm down in an effort to catch myself, and it landed right on the tube of Stay Stuck.

         “Dammit!” I yelled, flopping myself down in the chair. I jumped up and grabbed my tush in one maneuver. I forgot where I had set the hot glue gun. I knew right away there was trouble. I tried to remove my hand from my tush with no luck. If only I had worn my granny panties today. In the end, I called the number on the bottle and pressed 2.





© Copyright 2013 Phroggee (phroggee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1930201-Not-Even-Elephants---Revised