*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1930684-A-Year-Before
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Fuyu
Rated: 13+ · Other · Contest Entry · #1930684
This takes place before she learns the truth of her father.
“Lord Giovanni, lord Giovanni!!” a man yelled as he ran down the hall and into a giant room with a rectangular table and men standing around it, talking. A man stood up straight and looked at the younger man and glared at him.

“This had better be a good reason for you to interrupt this meeting you stupid grunt!” he yelled. The grunt stood there frozen and trembled a bit.

“Umm…this, this note came in the mail for you lord Giovanni. It’s from Green.” The grunt said in a bit of a timid tone of voice, scared that Giovanni might snap. Giovanni walked up to the grunt and extended his hand.

“Give it here and be on your way.” Giovanni said, still glaring. The grunt handed the note to Giovanni, turned around and ran out of the room. Giovanni turned and looked at the other men. “We will continue this tomorrow at 9am, so please see yourselves out and have a nice day.” The other men looked at one another but did what they were told. Once they left, Giovanni walked into the back of the room and sat down in a leather chair that was placed in front of a mirror. He unfolded the note and started to read.

“Father,
I’ll have you know that I was successful in the mission of controlling this area. A gift will be sent to the house in about a week, and I’ll go forth to the next area. Please have a good day.
From,
Your loving daughter, Green.”

Giovanni folded the note back up, smiled and started to laugh. “Good job Green. You’re only 16, but you do a far better job than those grunts. I am proud to have you as a daughter and soon, this world will be mine!”
© Copyright 2013 Fuyu (hokkyokuokamie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1930684-A-Year-Before