*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1925216-Let-Me-Try-Again
by Fuyu
Rated: 13+ · Other · Contest Entry · #1925216
A father re-thinking his ways
“I ask for one simple task to be done, but no, it becomes rocket science to these grunts!” he thought while he gripped the boarding that fenced the area where a person can fall. “They can’t do anything right!” He released the board and walked back into his house, frustrated. He heard a knock on his door; he walked up to it and opened it to find a grunt standing there with a package. One wrapped in silver paper topped with a blue ribbon. He just stared at it.

“Lord Giovanni, this package came for you in the mail.” The grunt said, standing up straight while staring Giovanni straight in the eyes. Giovanni took the package, stepped back and slowly began to close the door.

“Thank you, now leave.”

“Yes sir.” The grunt replied, and then left. Giovanni closed his door and walked back onto his balcony, gripping the box, afraid to drop it.

“Now lets see what this might be.” He thought as he carefully removed the silver paper and blue ribbon, only to find a small red box. He looked at it confused, wondering who would have sent it. He opened the box, and found within it was a beautiful rainbow colored shell necklace, with a small note attached to it. He picked up the note and it read.

“Dear Father,
Thank you for this shell, but now I return it to you. Happy birthday.
Love,
Your only daughter, Green”

Giovanni just stared at it. While the cool breeze blew, it took the ribbon and paper with it, only for the items to fall into the pool.

“She remembered?” he thought, as a single tear rolled down his cheek, falling onto the shell. “I only wanted them to bring her back…and let me try again as a father…”
© Copyright 2013 Fuyu (hokkyokuokamie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1925216-Let-Me-Try-Again