*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1930799-Dustin-Scudder
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Moe
Rated: E · Other · Fanfiction · #1930799
A character that I created for a Harry Potter RP site that I used to play sometimes
(work in progress from an older Harry Potter RP game that I used to play)

Name: Dustin Scudder
Nickname: Dusty
Age: 15
Date of Birth: March 14th
Language: English and a little bit of German
Blood Status: Pure Blood
House: Slytherin
Year: 5th Year
Best Class: Divination
Worst Class Potions

Bogart: The more threatening ghosts
Patronus: Mostly Black Raven with a few noticeable white feathers in its wings.
Wand Beech/Black Walnut wood with an enchantment of Phoenix feather

Appearance

Hair Color: Mostly Black
Eye Color: Blue Eyes
Height: 5' 10"
Weight:155
Distinguishing Features: His nose is slightly bigger than normal
Attire: Dustin would usually be seen wearing his school uniform. On the days that he is not, he is seen in blue jeans, sneakers, and a striped beige and purple shirt.

Family

Father: George
Mother: Ellen
Siblings: none-although he has a close cousin named Randy

Personality

Dustin is sometimes clumsy and felt like he is cursed by a powerful wizard to be unlucky. But Dustin is not sure if the curse is real or just in his mind. He is not a wimp and has above average strength. He also has a bad habit of sometimes burping at the table in the Great Hall. He even sometimes 'forgets' to apologize for doing so.

His mood changes depending on the day. He can be, to some extent, friendly to others. There was a 50% chance that he could be somewhat friendly with those outside his House in his first 3 years at Hogwarts. Sometimes he has to be- because of his unlucky tendency when he is NOT nice.

Ironically he does seem to have bad luck if he get too mean, cruel, sarcastic, or crooked.
He realized that that if he is a nicer and kinder, thing goes much better for him. Then he would have a small to moderate amount of good luck for a short while. He would however most likely do those nice things out of frustration. Being nice to those outside his House is not something that he normally would do. He hopes that he just can be barely nice enough for things to go well. He feels like a fake or hypocrite doing it. And he really does not want to do it. He feels 'forced' by fate to be nice sometimes. That is why he is grumpy from time to time while at Hogwarts especially in his first 3 years at Hogwarts. Lately, however, sometimes being nicer is natural and he liked it.

History

He was born in the Cornwell region of the U.K. in which it has supposedly haunted places. He has had restless nights growing up because of it. He is almost sure that he has seen ghosts several times back home and those experiences were usually scary.
He is an only child but his cousin Randy did stay with him over every summer. Randy was there because Randy's parents have to do business in other countries but neither Randy or Dustin know what it is.
Dennis' parents (George and Ellen) are both horse trainers for one of the racetracks around the United Kingdom. Both of his parents were in Ravenclaw but they liked and spent more time with the Slytherin students. So when Dustin was sorted into Slytherin, they didn't mind. "Just respect the Ravenclaws, they can help you" is what they wrote him.

On the day Dustin received his owl invitation to Hogwarts, the owl bit him. Dustin almost didn't buy an owl for his school pet but Dustin decided just to get a different breed of owl instead. Slowly he did get attached to his pet owl and almost forgot about the Owl that bit it on that day.

Not really being a true bully, Dustin usually relies on his acting and forgery instead. Another thing that he loves is itching powder and sneezing powder. Even though it is a muggle product, Dustin knew that it could be useful as a prank or even as a defensive item. His acting skills at the local theater have been useful in trying to talk his way out of things, bluffing, or convincing people to do certain things or not to do certain things. He even sometimes uses those skills for the good rather for the bad. It just depends on his emotions or other factors that day.

In addition to acting, he is a good, although not a great, singer too. Although with a great voice coach, he could be great. He also has training in forgery that a muggle con artist taught him. He is successful at it too. He just does it from time to time. He keeps a few fake hall passes that look real that is supposedly signed by Professor Snape.

In his third year, Dennis' bluffing seemed to not work many times. He dreaded that either he was losing his touch or that Winni Perriwinkle the Gryffindor mind-hearer may have warned some people about him. Also, Dustin was having serious thoughts of not helping DeathEaters or even lying and giving misinformation to them. He too hoped that the DEs never ask Dustin for help. That was the year Dustin took the class more seriously due to his worries over the Death Eaters.

However, in his 4th year, Dustin was making much more of an effort to be nicer. He sometimes actually likes doing it-regardless if he would admit to it or not. Yet at time, he still cannot resist pranks or an occasionally rudeness. He is still not that nice. In Divination classes, Dustin experimented with the tea leaves on dealing with his personal social life. He even tried seeking personal advice from Trelawney a couple of times since he respected her. Dustin would be angry if anyone ever made of Trelawney’s personality or her teaching.

He worries about the Death Eaters discovering that he has an unlucky streak and that he truly does not really want to help them. He also resents Umbridge for sacking Trelawney from her job because Trelawney was one of his favorites but Dustin has no desire to join the Dumbledore's Army. Sometimes, Dustin might help them on small matters occasionally. But one would have to convince Dustin first.


Goals

Finding out why he seemed to be unlucky. He also hopes to obtain a teaching job anywhere; regardless it is in Hogwarts or another magical school. If that did not happen, he plans to go back into theater in the Muggle world or even in the Magical world if someone offers him something worthwhile.

Fears

He fears failing school, the more scary or creepy looking ghosts, and the Death Eaters.
© Copyright 2013 Moe (hawksoup at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1930799-Dustin-Scudder