*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1932781-COM155--Week-1-Assignment-1
by Tina
Rated: E · Assignment · Educational · #1932781
150-200 word paragraph explaining how purpose, audience, and tone affect academic writing.
         Purpose, audience, tone, and content are key factors that influence academic writing. The four main purposes for academic writing are summarizing, analyzing, synthesizing, and evaluating. Persuasive writing is another purpose for academic writing, but is common in other settings as well. Knowing the purpose and audience will form the presentation and delivery of information substantially because these two key factors enable a writer to answer questions pertinent in deciding content in the writing. Understanding the appropriate content to include is essential; effective writers do not offer too much information nor do they provide too little. Adding irrelevant information will more than likely bore the reader and adding too little information will not successfully deliver a complete, easily understood message. Academic writing requires keeping the reader focused and conveying a complete, precise message that was easy to understand. The presentation must come together with suitable purpose, content, and tone for the intended audience; therefore, understanding the importance of each component is vital to writing successfully in academic writing.
© Copyright 2013 Tina (tinaascoggins at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1932781-COM155--Week-1-Assignment-1