*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1932783-COM155--Week-2-Assignment-1
by Tina
Rated: E · Assignment · Educational · #1932783
Paragraph describing each of the five steps of the writing process.
         The writing process is comprised of five important steps to write effectively including prewriting, outlining the structure of the ideas, writing a rough draft, revising, and editing. The first step involves choosing a general topic that is appropriate to the assignment’s purpose and audience and then getting all of the ideas onto paper. The next phase includes breaking down the general topic into subtopics and organizing the order of the ideas into a manner the reader will be able to follow. Drafting the first version of the assignment is the next essential segment in the writing process. The initial draft should include an introduction, thesis statement, topic sentence, supporting sentences, and a conclusion. The key technique to utilize during the drafting stage is to keep the audience and purpose of the assignment in mind constantly. Revising and editing are the last two steps in the writing process, but are the most grave tasks to undergo if the written work requires improvement. Last, when the assignment has been peer reviewed, edited, and proofread, reproduce the written work for the final time.

         There are numerous benefits of following a structured writing process with all writing projects. First, progressing through stages and marking off checklists when completing a written assignment reduces the likelihood of missing an important step vital to the quality of the final piece. Second, conducting the same process repeatedly will turn that activity into a habit, familiarizing the writer with the writing practice, providing more experience in each step, and allowing them to procure the advantages with all projects more easily. Because structured writing processes encourage creative thought practices, influence organization and planning tasks, and motivate writers to generate their best possible work, the success of the completed project is nearly inevitable. 

         Although unhealthy techniques to lose weight might be faster, some might argue the longevity added to life expectancy by means of healthier practices is worth the wait.

         Comparing unhealthy and healthy methods of losing weight is the topic I chose for a final project assignment for a number of reasons. McLean (2011, Chapter 8) presents six strategies to use during the prewriting phase of the writing process. One of the strategies suggests selecting a topic about my interests, personal experiences, and observations. I know what it feels like to frequent the gym and want to be healthy and physically fit; but unfortunately, I have also witnessed several people struggle with losing weight. Instead, they choose risky alternatives to shed pounds and I know how unhealthy that is. One of the viewers may struggle with their weight like many other people I know, and perhaps one of the healthy choices I include in my essay is the option that solves their problem.   
© Copyright 2013 Tina (tinaascoggins at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1932783-COM155--Week-2-Assignment-1