*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1933845-Dream-of-Paradise
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Other · #1933845
Dreaming of Paradise.
Looking up at the black, inky sky, all I see is the moon shining and stars twinkling and blinking away, like diamonds in the distance.

The sounds, of crickets draw me to the edge and as I look down, I see a pond. The lights, inside, green in colour, swim hither and dither as the small fishes swim dither and hither. The nearby green and brown coloured palm trees sway slowly from left to right and from right to left.

Whoosh! Comes the sound of water from a fountain, right in the middle of the lighted pond, surrounded by grey and brown, diamond shaped stones, as the warm, summer wind blows onto my face an blows my, salt and pepper, black, silky hair across my face. The warm air, makes my face feel cool from sweat before, as I close my eyes and let it take me with it by sweeping me off my feet.

Alas I open my eyes. Surrounded by four grey coloured walls, there’s nothing but deadly, pin – drop, silence. The sound of the crickets and the fountain are no more. The lights and the pond are no more but only, only a small light that burns away like a candle. I am in a room not known where but I am alive and slowly close my eyes and hope that the dream of paradise returns and continues.

For I dream, dream of paradise.





© Copyright 2013 Kitraps (pappu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1933845-Dream-of-Paradise