*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1934506-Darker-than-Darkness
Rated: 13+ · Other · Horror/Scary · #1934506
A creature, darker than the night, threatens to consume everything in it's wake.
*** So I wrote this whilst on the train to work in fifteen minutes, I wanted to write a short horror story and this was what my imagination concocted! I hope you enjoy, if you like it or hate it please tell me all feedback is appreciated, but obviously if you don't like it then please give constructive feedback rather than abuse***

Darker than Darkness


I creeped silently through the woods, the dark silhouettes of the trees casting deep black shadows through the moonlight, like a force of pure darkness was permeating the world, consuming everything in it's path. I stumbled over a few broken twigs which snapped as I fell hands first into the moist ground, my hands sinking centimetres into the world. My body stiffens, I fall silent, the only sound is the wind rushing through the forest colliding with trees and leaves and the odd pitter patter of wildlife running away. Running away? Something darker than the shadows moves between the spaces between trees, quickly and almost unnoticeably, apparently not making any sound at all. It weaves throughout the thick trunks, silent as a fox stalking it's prey, avoiding moon beams. I watch the dark thing from the ground, counting my breaths, watching my breath float upwards in a mist of white fog, away from this hellish nightmare. Suddenly, the sound of wildlife running through the mud stops, I've lost sight of the darker than the night thing, then a series of crackles and gurgles echo throughout the forest, the sound of tearing raw flesh from the bone and the agonising screams from the wildlife as it looks face to face with it's attacker, it's death. I use this opportunity to get up and run, I push myself up from the cold mud, my boots glued to the ground require some encouragement to come loose and I sprint in the opposite direction, away from the thing. I barely get five steps away before I come face to face with something darker than the night, something darker than the void of space, empty, free of all emotion. I turn the other way, but the darkness is there too. It's consumed me, if this is death then I might be able to find peace, but then the screams, the crackles and the gurgles began and the last thing I remember was my lower arm tearing from my upper arm and the feeling of being stabbed in the stomach, and then, nothing. Nothing, but the darker than darkness.
© Copyright 2013 Steve Baker (sbaker1994 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1934506-Darker-than-Darkness