*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1935714-Salem-Chapter-1
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1935714
This is chapter 1 of a novel I have been writing that I have called Salem.
~Chapter One~




         My name is Raiku and I live in the year 4321 A.D. It may seem rather cool and exciting but our world today is dead. In our wasteland of a world we live in today only four races walk about the lands. These four races all have different ideas, opinions, and personalities.

         The first race I shall even bother mentioning is the simple race called the Humans. The humans have been around this Earth since the beginning of time and never quite changed the way they ever were. The humans hate almost everyone and every race except themselves. Not to say that are all like that but the majority of them are that way. Not my favorite race but not much I can do about it.

         After the humans are the Demons. They are the out of it, ugly, murdering race of us all, but the good news is that they don’t care to jump in and cause problems. They tend to have red and black bodies with sharp white teeth that that could stick into you like a knife. Not many of the races pay much attention to them though due to their inactivity in our affairs.

         The second to last race is my race. We are known as the Salems. The Salems are solid pitch black beings with bright colored eyes that live quietly together and blend with night and nature. We are not fighters but will when needed. For example, ever since we showed up out of the darkness, the humans were always out to kill us. We didn’t like that and decided to fight back. So in result it left us in a large quarrel. We love to sit back and relax or go out and hunt. In many ways, we are and are not like the humans themselves.

         After the war with the humans had started they decided to create what we have as the last race. They are known as the Salem Killers, or S.K.’s. The S.K.’s are nothing but genetically created robots made to hunt and eliminate all Salems that they can get their hands on.

         I am your average 16 year old Salem. Standing at 5’7” and weighing only 130 pounds, I am still a normal sized Salem. My hair is a dark red that is almost a black but can barely even be noticed unless the sun is shining on it. It extends all the way down to my mid-spine. I get a lot of free time on me but I usually just stick with the same hobbies such as sitting on my favorite hill, and playing my old guitars. Even though I may seem like a normal simple Salem, I have the other side of me too, the one always hidden.

         When I was only ten, a group of Salem Killers had broken into my home and eliminated my family. I was too young to remember exactly what happened but I do remember that after they killed my mother and father, they looked me in the eye and in an instant…they were gone.

         When it comes to my family though, it was an odd one. For example, my father was a Salem, and a rather good one too, and my mother was a human. It was almost impossible to see something like that due to the fact that it was highly forbidden and one could simply be hung for such treachery. Even if it was forbidden, they had true love.

         Most Salems still search to find the rouge S.K.’s Even if it was six years ago, I still remember a lot and won’t stop searching until I find them and avenge my family.

         All of the events I have shared with you lead up to where I am currently at today. Please, remember what all I have shared and told you.

~Raiku~
© Copyright 2013 Tiger of The Light (tigerdream at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1935714-Salem-Chapter-1