*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1935884-Salem-Chapter-2
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1935884
This is the 2nd chapter of my story I have been writing called Salem
Chapter 2


         It was a simple, cloudy, and fairly warm day and as I woke from my soundless slumber, I left to go to my favorite spot.

         The ugly world we live in is but only a dry, sad wasteland with dead and rather grey landforms like old forests in which are usually dead. We have large hills, nasty lakes, and other places that are just grey and overly-unattractive.

         I moved onward slowly up one of my favorite hills. Although when I reached the rounded peak of the hill I saw a very odd and unusual sight. There it was, in front of me, a large grown demon sitting upon the rock watching its' child play with the rising dust.

         The father had easily noticed my approach as i stepped up to the peak. The father demon stood tall now with his claws widely spread. The child stared uncertain of the current event.

         "What do you want in our presence you wretched Salem!?" Spat the demon in an evil tone.

         "I don't feel it necessary to cause any trou-" Before I could complete my sentence, an arrow had flown only an inch from my now puzzled face. I returned my gaze to the now dead demon that was collapsed upon the ground.

I turned to gaze in the direction in which the arrow had approached from. It was odd, nothing was there, not a single soul or movement. After I returned my gaze, I saw the baby crawling lightly around the dead demon attempting to awake it.

         I picked her up and pondered on what it is I should do with the now lonely demon child. As a Salem, it is my job and fate to destroy such horrible and disgusting beings but for some reason I was incapable of killing this lone demon. After all, it is rule that a Salem is not accepted into the family until it has killed an S.K. or a fully grown demon. In the end I had decided to take the demon child to Lucien (leader of the Salems). Perhaps I will receive permission to keep the child within my custody.

         As I continued to proceed back down the steep hill to give forth the baby I could not stop thinking of the random arrow that had passed me. I just wanted to know...Who shot it? Was it a Salem?

         I got back to the Salem camp to talk to Lucien and left the question of the arrow behind me. Only one thing mattered and that was the child.

         I got the child to Lucien. He had picked her up and studied her closely and carefully. He then turned around with the baby in his arms to return to his cave. I was highly worried about what would soon happen to that child. I guess I couldn't do much though anyway considering I am a lower level than him.

         I sat down near the lighted entryway into our dim camp. While I was seated and thinking I had suddenly heard the sound of arrows being fired from a bow. I turned my head swiftly to the side to see what the sound was. I had seen what looked like a hooded person with a long white cloak with the sleeves cut off running quickly away from a group of short ugly demons. While I watched the odd stranger pass I couldn't help but to notice the small observation that the arrows this person had were identical to the arrow that had saved my life just 30 minutes ago. I quickly jumped up from where I was seated. I had to save him!

         I ran outside leaving all thoughts of the child behind. I ran as quickly as I could catching up to the running person. While we were running the hood had slid off and long blonde hair had emerged and fell down as long as the waist. The him that I thought it was actually turned out to be a her...I must help her!

         I jumped forward in front of the demons chasing her. All of the rodent demons stopped and looked at me with a bloodthirsty look in their eyes. The girl also stopped only to turn around and look me in my eyes. How, how could this possibly be!? She is just a mere human!

At this point though, I just wanted to save her. She had slowly backed up towards me and looked at me suspiciously.

         "I am Raiku and I am not here to do harm. I only want to remain here to assist you." By the time I finished my sentence the demons had already formed a large circle around the two of us. Me and the beautiful human went back-to-back and prepared to fight.

         (All Salems are born with a select weapon(s) that can be summoned from thin air at any time. I Raiku was born with a large Salem marked katana and a very sharp dagger only the size of my elbow to my wrist.)

The beautiful girl was no Salem but she carried on her a large bow that glowed a dark blue and grew larger when in battle. Not only that but the arrows she shot were poison-edged.

We didn't wait long until we started fighting. We just circled until the demons eventually jumped in and started to swing quickly at us.

         I let her take most of them on her side but I made sure that I kept an eye on her to ensure she was safe. I had slight trouble fighting demons considering Salems were usually trained to fight Salem Killers and humans.

The fight had eventually came to an end when we had gotten them to retreat running for the sake of their lives. Neither me nor her were badly injured. She turned quickly back to me and thanked me by a single bow of her head. She collected her arrows and got set to leave.

         "Wait! What is your name human?" I asked her calmly but not eagerly.

She paused momentarily and looked away. "The name is Kait..." She quickly jumped and ran away. Something was odd though. She ran extremely fast for a human...there has to something she is hiding.

         I was walking calmly back to camp now and could not shake the great thought of her amazing eyes and perfect beauty...a mere human...

~Raiku~

© Copyright 2013 Tiger of The Light (tigerdream at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1935884-Salem-Chapter-2