*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1936514-There-Goes-the-Princess
Rated: E · Short Story · Tragedy · #1936514
Caine is left with nothing but a baby blanket to remember his first love.
         Sun rays shattered apart as they passed through a window. They lit a darkened room of a small apartment. In the room was a bed, perfectly made, black and white dressers, and a pink baby blanket. Written in the middle of the blanket were the words, 'Princess', in a lovely, girly font. A man stepped into the room, breaking the sun's rays even more. His hair a mess, his eyes bloodshot, and his cheeks stained with saltwater tears. “Dallas...” The man's voice was husky. Slowly, he put one foot in front of the other, making his way toward the bed. He picked the blanket up in his hands, tears filling up his eyes. A tired expression crossed his face as he sat at the edge of the bed, starring down at the word, 'Princess'. The man shut his eyes, going back to earlier in the day.



         The hospital room was cold. A blond headed woman lay in the hospital bed with a baby pink blanket lying across her chest to keep her warm. The heart monitor beeped slowly, and a man entered the room with two drinks in his hands. “The doctor's said you could have water...” His voice was barely above a whisper. He walked over to the bed, sitting in the chair that was the closest.



         “Thank you, Caine... You're so sweet...”The girl's voice was weak, slowly fading away. A frown crossed the man's face as he sat the water down on the table that stretched up and over the hospital bed.



         Caine opened his eyes, his cheeks soaked with newly fallen tears. Now she was gone...and all he had left was the blanket he bought her. He fumbled with the blanket for a few moments, before standing and walking towards the door that lead out of the room. “Bye Dallas...” He whispered to the empty room. Caine placed the blanket over his shoulder before walking down the hall and out of the apartment.

© Copyright 2013 Gryphon (take_flightt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1936514-There-Goes-the-Princess