*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1938844-Cunabala--Patria
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Fantasy · #1938844
Maron,a man raised as a woman. His escape from the gendercidal Azon women. Feed Back Plz
Ch.1 part 1

      My mother was a fur trader. She was know around the country side for  selling quality pelts at a fair price. She could track and hunt anything from chipmunks to the large cats that hunt the woods. The hunt was her life and trading just keep her in supplies and gear. Even when her belly became swollen with me in her womb nothing could keep her from the wilderness. She swore that she would teach her daughters, as she had been taught, to hunt the land with skill and respect just as past generations had been taught by her foremothers.

        On and extended hunting trip labor pains seized her body, but my mother told me that she had no fear when the labor pains struck sooner than expected. The Goddess calmed her spirit then told her that this child will one day provide a daughter that would change their lands forever. When she looked up there was the full moon, the harvest moon, she knew it was true.

      The eyes of the Goddess were open full and bright to watch her daughter come into the world. The harvest moon is the blessed moon. Little girls born on the harvest moon are said to be imparted with all the knowledge of the earth. They grow up healers and leaders and at the end of their lives every soul they touch will reap a plentiful bounty of their existence.

        The day of my birth was jovial ; I was my mother's first born child and the only one that would live past its first year.

        It was a clear night and the harvest moon blazed in the sky as if it  had stolen the light from the sun just to watch my birth. Little girls born under the full moon and gasp the first rays of clear moon's milk are said to be blessed by the Goddess with strength, wisdom, humility,and most importantly magic. My mother said she new she would have a strong and wise daughter. The Goddess would see her through the sudden birth and give her premature daughter the strength she needed to survive.



Azon women are survivors!!!- PUSH



Azon women conquered death with every birth!!!- PUSH



Azon women shed blood every month to be blessed by the Goddess!!!- PUSH



A daughter will carry on the bloodline- PUSH



A daughter...A daughter .....



A daughter......... PUSH



With that final push i was brought into the world. The perfect child born under the harvest moon on a clear night. I was small but the Goddess blessed me with strong lungs and perfect health. It was all a mother could ask for to have a healthy child while on the road alone miles away from her village. Perfect in every way except I was a son.



© Copyright 2013 Kam King (shubniggrath at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1938844-Cunabala--Patria