*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1939592-New-World
Rated: E · Short Story · Sci-fi · #1939592
An irregularity experiences something none would notice- The rebirth of the universe.
Darkness. Light. It could have been anything. I saw nothing. No colours, no shapes, no sizes, nothing. I felt nothing, I smelled nothing and I knew nothing. "Aren't you the obtuse one?" In the emptiness I found myself engulfed in, I heard a voice. Female? Male? No... It wasn't something you could describe.

"You are mortal, yet you are here."

The voice seemed to ring in my ears. It was perfect. It was the definition of gentle. It was a soft, yet aggressive voice.

"This, my low-life, is the universe. The laws have been broken by a mere device one of your kind made."

Everything popped into my mind at once. Every idea, every person, item, creature, place flooded into my mentality at once. Everything but my memory.

"Everything is being recreated, re-established. Except you. You remain unchanged, because you are a rarity."

Then I realized the voice embodied the very essence of... 'All'.

"You changed what happened. You created a small shift in the time planes. You did something far greater than I thought possible from your kind..." It paused. "When I have you shoved down where you belong you will remember nothing-- Unless your mind becomes 'corrupt', of course."

Corruption...

In a split second everything formed around me. I was drowning... Drowning in the occupied space that seemed so foreign now, after all that time...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My eyes opened to a bright Sunday morning. Was that a dream? I'm not sure. If it wasn't, could it mean I have surpassed the gods, in a way? A kind of warning to not take another step into the shadows of the uknown?

Only time will tell.
© Copyright 2013 boxtropica (moomantri at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1939592-New-World