*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1940057-Journeys-Chapter-Two--Slashing
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1940057
Maris learns some shocking news from Mizzy
Chapter Two: Slashing Sounds Rather Smashing




Mizzy circled around me. She looked at me a few times and then looked away in an ashamed manner. She looked as if someone just threatened her with death.

“Maris, ta think that you’re a woman, and ya don’t kno’ much? That a’scares me. You re’lly don’t kno’ where children are fro’?” I shook my head in sad admittance. Usually I have no problems with admitting something, but what I just admitted was quite disappointing. She’s right, I’m a woman, and I still don’t know the largest dynamic of life.

“Ugph, where does I begin. Ok, you got ta ‘ave two parents for this. You ‘ave a mum and a pap, and ‘heydo what’s called slashing. And after ‘hey slash, about ten ‘er so moons later the mum is with child. You get me ‘rift? ‘er did I just feed ya ta some sea serpents?” I wanted to just lie and tell her I did so I won’t have to her try to explain it again because Piem knows it’s too confusing; however I really want to know what slashing is. It sounds odd, but interesting. Well the name does at least.

“What’s slashing?” I asked fervently. Mizzy gave a big sigh.

“Erm, it’s when the two parents… well I don’t know what ta tell you.”

“Oh come on, Mizzy. There’s gotta be a way to explain it! You obviously know what it is!”

“Lis’en it’s ‘ettin…”

“I know it’s getting late, just tell me what it is!” This is when Mizzy was giving in. You see, if you beg her enough to do something, she will. You just have to… push her buttons a few times.

“A’right, but promise me that you’ll go ‘ome after this.” I smiled.



“Lis’en it’s ‘ettin…”

“I know it’s getting late, just tell me what it is!” This is when Mizzy was giving in. You see, if you beg her enough to do something, she will. You just have to… push her buttons a few times.

“A’right, but promise me that you’ll go ‘ome after this.” I smiled.

“Mizilda Mabanach, you have a deal.” She sat down and relaxed herself. She took in a deep breath.

“Slashing, is a ce’tain dance, if ya will, that you do with a lad ta ‘ave children. Some slash fer fun, but it’s oosially fer children.” Huh, it seems… different, but I still have questions about it. What do you do when you slash? Is slashing healthy? There are so many things I have yet to know. Mizzy began to signal for the door. “It’s a’most the ‘our of the ninth star. Ya need ta go ‘ome, now!” She grabbed my arm to guide me to the door, but I wouldn’t budge. Not until I get my last question answered.

“Wait I have one more question.” She scowled at me. She really wanted me to go home. I guessed she was worried about me and that she was also being put into an awkward position.

“No, I ‘ove ya, but yer a’goin ‘ome.” I rushed away from her.

“Not until you answer my last question.” She gritted her teeth.

“A’right, what the ‘ell are ya a’burnin to ask?” I gulped. I knew this question would probably be bound to get me kicked out, but I didn’t care. This is something I needed to know.

“Mizzy have you ever slashed, and if so what is it like?” She paused. I noticed she was beginning to turn red. I was unsure of if it was because of anger or embarrassment.

“Yes, yes I ‘ave. It’s nice, bloddy nice,” She chuckled. “You’ll learn one day, but fer now jus’ be sixteen. Off ya go.” With that she made me leave. Finally somewhat satisfied with what I learned, I went home feeling a bit educated.



© Copyright 2013 And Momo was Loco (momoberries14 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1940057-Journeys-Chapter-Two--Slashing