*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1942781-God-is-with-us-even-now
Rated: ASR · Prose · Contest · #1942781
Contest entry. Right or wrong, I had something to say about worship
July 2013 PROMPT: Write about what it means to worship GOD.



What does it mean to worship God?  It means making eye contact after you did wrong and telling me you are sorry.  I forgive you.  It means holding out your hand for me to help you back up again after you have been knocked down.  I forgive you.    Everyday things you think about that makes you mad and you cry out.  I forgive you.  When you have freedom and feel superior to those who do not, come back to me. I forgive you.  Do not wear your sins in pride, nor display them in shame, but renew yourself with kind words and sing with me praise.  I forgive you.

I sat in churches and felt barely a thing, but an old lady once held out her hand with a bare wisp of a smile as I helped her up and made a difference in her day.  When you think different people require the same message delivered the same way in order to save their soul, then, I forgive you.  To worship God, I must put him in his place.  That means I must ask something from my friends.  Take my hand.  Please, forgive me?

Word count: 195

Entry for: 
FORUM
The Christian Writing Contest  (E)
Featured in Schnujo's CONTEST CHALLENGE for June 2021!
#1376214 by ruwth

© Copyright 2013 Jimminycritic (jimminycritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1942781-God-is-with-us-even-now