*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1943354-From-The-Balconey
by Darren
Rated: E · Chapter · Other · #1943354
A Book In Progress Chapter By Chapter
I observed a couple kissing from my balcony.
They stood embraced between the house and the car. It was a longer kiss than a going to work kiss. Maybe the longer the kiss the longer the greater the distance apart like the are trying to kiss away the feeling of being distant.

They stopped, and after seeing her into the car he stood on the steps watching her backing out, and pulling away.

Wide eyed and almost on his toes he stretches out his view and gives a final wave with both hands and smiles. The last interaction until they meet again. Then he turns, steps inside, and shuts the door.


Chapter 1 1/2

Beneath me are great slabs of different shades of grey. Rectangles, squares, and even a rhombus shape pave the street below. These are clear indications of repair over time where we continuously add sedimentary layers of weight. The cracks run like veins back and forth making age for the next repairs.
Bacon and rice was all I ate. A coffee, a beer and a screwdriver is all I had to drink so far. It's all in my head now. My body is fueled to run its mechanics and mind running the ship.
Below me a girl walks her dog talking loudly on her cell phone about who's "banging" who. I laugh out loud at the unexpected conversation, expecting her to look up shyly, humorously or even offended at me over hearing. There was no response as she walks on. More talking than walking. I guess I didn't laugh loud enough.
© Copyright 2013 Darren (calvindarren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1943354-From-The-Balconey