*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1943783-Traffic-Maze
by Pradip
Rated: E · Article · Other · #1943783
Caught in the middle of the road
It is always fun to be caught in the unmanned intersection, where all the vehicles are in a maze, noise pollution, frenzied tempers, but the secrecy to enjoy such an atmosphere is to remain cool and observe. With Trivandrum roads being on a high ie they have been re-laid, made wider, easy to drive, thanks to some other departments, they get about digging sooner than later the roads, for them it is... an eyesore to see a well laid perfect road. Let me share one of the many experiences I had on such situations.
The road ahead was streaming with vehicles and it was bumper to bumper traffic, The reason being a portion of the road had been dug up and vehicles were maneuvering around it. As the intersection approached, I could see cars inching forward to be on the main road. A Nano caught my eye and as per my calculation I would soon meet him in about 2minutes. The chaotic situation was worsened by the autos and two wheelers who were like gymnasts on a tight rope, creeping through the left side of the road. It was evident that all vehicles were putting their best wheel forward. I kept moving and I made up my mind that if I hit the butt of the car in front, I would get down and promptly say “Sorry Sir, in real life I am not like this”. I soon met Master Nano, he came in from right and wanted to cross the road, but I had the right of way since I was on the main road, I kept moving, he moved, I moved, soon it was evident that one of us would have to stop or it would be a public offence, of cars kissing in public. I was not bothered about the moral policing, I had no intention of stopping and moved on, and Master Nano stopped, I looked out, could see a lady seated next to the driver, and few faces behind, I wanted to have a look at the driver so moved little more forward and looked at him. He had the looks to kill, I also wanted to say some routine, time tested gaalis, but I really don’t know what happened to me, All I could tell him was “Doesn’t this toy have a brake?”, Must admit I saw color draining away from his face, had I said a few theris, it would have been different, but this was more than a theri. I patted myself for being so civil in my language. I am sure by now there is an ad in the newspaper, “ Nano for sale”.
© Copyright 2013 Pradip (pradip081 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1943783-Traffic-Maze