*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1943790-I-May-Have-Not
by Pradip
Rated: E · Article · Other · #1943790
I may have not
I may not have topped every class since I could spell A for Apple and B for Ball, though I topped in English for two consecutive years which is like winning the Oscars for my family & self.

I may not have cracked the IAS.

I may not be an IIT graduate.

I may never have won a gold medal, though prizes won at school sports is equivalent to gold for me & my family and friends.

My picture may never appear in the newspaper for outstanding achievements.

And the only thing I know about Quantum Mechanics might be the spelling.


But I had wonderful parents and a sister.

I had a cheerful childhood.

I had an apt adolescence

I had a turbulent teenage, just the way it’s meant to be.

I had a life outside of classrooms and tuition centers.

I was given the option to read things other than textbooks and study materials.

I was given the option to dance to not just the tunes of an education system.

I was allowed to learn by rote poems and stories and not just math formulas and theory of Relativity.

I was taught that ambition is important, but I was allowed to choose that ambition.

And that has made all the difference…*
© Copyright 2013 Pradip (pradip081 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1943790-I-May-Have-Not