*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1944517-Chapter-One-of-Accidents-Happen
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Other · #1944517
First chapter in my new novel. WARNING THIS IS A SEX SCENE.
Chapter One


She couldn't stop talking and laughing. I loved that about Jamie. She was always smiling and happy. That's what I loved about her before I even knew I was in love with her. It's what made me want to invite her over to play video games or always picked her first when being team captain. She could stay positive, even if she lost. Tonight had been the best night of my entire life: My senior prom. If you told me when I was a kid that I would have taken her as my date, and not just as a friend date, I probably would've kicked you in the shins. I looked over at her. She was sitting on the passenger side, she kept thanking me and talking about which girls wore ugly dresses, and which ones looked like they should be on a corner instead of at a school dance. She had a smile on, and she thanked me again. I guess I kept saying "You're welcome" and "I had a great time with you also." And I'm sure I threw in a couple "I love you too's." But I was so nervous.
We pulled into the neighborhood and she looked at me. "I never knew I would have so much fun at prom."
"Yeah, me neither."
"We're still hanging out at your house, right?" How could I say no to her? We pulled into my driveway. When we walked in, I turned on all the lights in the living room. We threw our shoes over by the front door. She walked around aimlessly, as if she hadn't been here a million times.
"You hungry Jaim? Thirsty? Need anything."
"No, no. Not right now." She was quiet. I needed some water. I wish I knew what she had been thinking. She wasn't usually open with her feelings on the spot. If she had any feelings right now, she wouldn't tell me until at least tomorrow. I just didn't want her to say "Last night, I felt uncomfortable that your parents weren't home." It wasn't like I knew my parents weren't going to be home. I found out when I called them to say we were on our way home. They had gone to my aunt's for the weekend. I just didn't want her to get the wrong idea. We had been home alone plenty of times. But this time was different. This time was after prom, and I hadn't planned on doing anything crazy. I took a couple sips of water and took my tuxedo jacket off, laying it over a chair at the dinner table. When I went back to the living room, she was sitting on the couch. I sat down next to her, put my water down on the table, and kissed the top of her head. She grabbed my hand and put her head on my shoulder. Her thumb started moving back and forth against mine.
"Brandon, I love you."
"I love you too, Jaime. More than anything in the world." I meant it. I really did. I wasn't just saying that because I felt like I had to. Jaime had been the most important thing to me since before I could remember. I never wanted to lose her. She was my best friend, I told her everything. The only secret I ever kept from her was the fact I had a huge crush on her. She found out eventually though, because she knew how to read me. My heart was pounding.
"Hey Brandon, where are your parents?" I sighed.
"They went to Aunt Karen's. I'm sorry. I just found out on my way over here. I don't want you to get the wrong idea and-" She kissed me. Her soft lips were against mine, and her warm hands fell easily into my hair. I put my hands on the small of her back, moving up to her neck. She had never kissed me like that before. I was still taken aback when she pulled away two inches and put her forehead against mine.
"I'm ready." She was breathing hard, smiling harder. She started to laugh just a little, and I leaned in to kiss her gently. There was no way she was ready. Maybe she just thought she was. She had boundaries that I obviously respected. We had done some things before. But we had never talked about sex before. I never wanted to scare her away by suggesting it. But suddenly, she was trying to kiss me harder. She maneuvered her body so she was sitting on top of me. This time, I was the one to pull away.
"Jaime, you're talking crazy talk."
"No I'm not. I wouldn't have said I was ready if I wasn't. It's been a year and a half. I love you Brandon. I wouldn't want to do this with anybody else." She leaned in to kiss me again, but only for a second. She pulled away and looked me in the eyes. "Please." I couldn't resist her. I pulled her in towards me and kissed her so passionately. Jaime was strong, but I've carried her a hundred times. I picked her up and put her legs around my waist. She continued to kiss me as I held onto her tight. I started to make my way towards the staircase. As I was walking upstairs, I stopped to lean her against the wall. She went for the buttons on my vest.
"We don't have to do this." She ran her long fingers through my brown, tousled hair.
"I want you Brandon. I promise." I carried her upstairs and she started to kiss my neck and giggle. When I laid her on my bed, I dimmed the lights and then got on top of her.
"Umm, is this how you wanted to do this?" God why was I so awkward? She smiled and nodded. I tried to apologize, but she just went back to kissing me and unbuttoning my vest. I helped her untie the tie, and she slid my vest off, working her way to the buttons on my dress shirt. My hands rested on her hips as she continued to take my shirt off. When I finally felt my bare skin against the sequins on her dress, I pulled away to look into her eyes.
"I love you Jaime."
"I love you too Brandon." Her light pink dress had it's zipper on her right side. After slowly sliding it off her, I noticed she had on white cotton underwear, and a white strapless bra.
"Ah, I see that your school supplies aren't the only thing you match." She blushed a little bit.
"Shut up, stupid. Don't make me change my mind." She bit her bottom lip as our lips reunited. This time, our tongues met and the tips danced with each other. I ran my hands over her breasts as hers wandered around my back and on my chest. I reached my hands behind her and unclasped her bra. She smiled nervously as I took it off her and threw it on the floor.
"Are you sure you're okay?" She kissed the top of my forehead.
"I'll always be okay. As long as I'm with you. And as long as you never stop caring about me."
"I never will. I promise. I've always cared about you. There's no way I'm ever going to stop." She turned away and I kissed her on the side of her neck. She got squirmy and I could tell she was anxious. A million thoughts were running through my head. I hadn't realized how hard my heart was pounding out of my chest. I never realized how nervous I would actually be. I could tell she was nervous too, especially when her hands shook as she slid my slacks off of my body. She was quiet, which was unlike her. I continued to kiss her everywhere; her lips, her neck, gradually moving down to her stomach and her sides. I was kissing her stomach when she pulled my head towards her face. She was breathing quite heavily.
"Is something wrong?"
"No, nothing at all. I just wanted to tell you that if you wanted to take those off, you could." I smiled as I slid her underwear off her body, she did the same to mine. I reached over her to my side table, where I opened my drawer and pulled out a condom. I slid it on and I looked at her.
"You're positive right?"
"Of course I am. Just go easy."
I held onto her tight the whole time. It was passionate and loving, which was exactly how I wanted it to be. I wanted her to know that I loved her, and that I was happy to be here with her. Of course, it wasn't all perfect. In the end though, I was happy I had her. Afterwards, she had her head on my naked chest, her arms around me. I rubbed her back and she fell asleep in my arms.


I was awoken the next morning because I could hear Jaime talking on the phone. Somehow I knew it was Chloe and Isabella on the other end. I stayed facing away from her, pretending to still be sleeping. I wondered if she was talking about last night, about us. I wasn't usually one to be nosy, but I was still worried. Of course her friends were being extremely loud. I could actually hear them talking about how lame their dates were if I listened hard enough. She laughed and threw a couple "Yeah's" out there. Then one of them finally asked about her night.
"Well, it was good."
"So what did you do after prom? I thought you were going to come over." I could tell it was Chloe. Jaime took a couple of seconds.
"Well, I went to Brandon's and..." I could tell she was on her way towards telling them, but they already knew. They were giggling and screaming. Without seeing her face, I could tell it was beat red.
"You did NOT!" Isabella screamed.
"I did too." Jaime said. She was laughing along with them. I think my heart was racing even more now than it was last night.
"So, how was it? Were you nervous? Did you guys talk about it first?" Chloe asked.
"Please tell me you guys were safe." Isabella begged. Now my heart was really pounding.
"We were. It was..." I heard her change positions and she turned and looked at me. "Perfect. Absolutely perfect." She giggled. I smiled. I couldn't help but think Score in my head. They all laughed together. "Look, I'm still here. I don't want him to wake up. I'll give you guys more details later." They said their goodbyes. I waited about thirty seconds before rolling over, acting like I had just woken up. She was sitting on my big bean bag chair, facing outside my window, towards her house. She was wearing a white T-shirt with a sports bra and some athletic shorts. She's pretty much had a drawer at my house since we were in baby clothes. She saw me awake and came to lay next to me. She kissed me quickly. "Good morning handsome." It was hard to believe that a guy could get butterflies at all, let alone after a year and a half of being with somebody. But I did.
"Good morning beautiful." I wrapped her in my arms again and stroked her long, strawberry blonde hair. "Were you on the phone with somebody? I thought I heard you talking."
"Oh yeah, Chloe and Isabella. They asked where I was last night. I was supposed to go to Chloe's after I hung out with you. Obviously I never got there." She laughed and kissed me again.
"Did you tell them?"
"I did. Is that okay? I'm sorry I guess I should have asked you first."
"They're your best friends, Jaim. You texted them less than a minute after our first kiss." I smiled at her. "I love them. You know that. And if you trust them, I trust them too."
"I guess you should tell John."
"I will." I looked into her eyes. "I also wanted to apologize."
"For what? Babe, it was perfect. You didn't do anything wrong."
"Well I know I didn't necessarily, but the condom-"
"Oh please. How were we supposed to know it was going to break?" Hearing her say it out loud felt like a punch in the gut. "It's not that big of a deal."
"But it broke! And I mean it doesn't matter that it was the first time. You could still get pregnant." She looked away from me.
"I'm actually on the pill." Well THAT was definitely shocking. I was relieved though. I could feel my body relax. "I didn't want to tell you, because I didn't want to put any ideas in your head before I was ready." A million questions ran through my mind. Who took you to get it? How long have you been on it? Does your dad know? Do your brothers know? How long have you been thinking about this? But I couldn't think of anything to say except "Thank God for that." She laid back on my chest, right where she belonged.



I don't know how I got here. In a little over a month's time, how did I get from there to here? I was sitting in this waiting room, fighting off my sister's help. I just wanted Jaime, back in my arms. I wanted her to sit right next to me and tell me everything would be okay. But I couldn't have that right then. Because there was a good chance I might never see her again.
© Copyright 2013 Stephanie (stefficoakley at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1944517-Chapter-One-of-Accidents-Happen