*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1946954-Guild-of-the-Arts-Chapter-6
Rated: E · Other · Friendship · #1946954
This is a story my friend PressEnter and I will write together, chapter by chapter

M​eg was feeling overwhelmed and invisible.​ Usually, she depended on her big personality to make herself stand out, but with all the other, more talented dancers, she felt discouraged and nervous.

I guess this is what it means to be a big fish from a small pond, Meg thought.

As the other dancers twirled around, she sulked and tried her best to keep up, but always felt one step behind the others.

Suddenly, a horde of students with weird, statement-like clothes flooded into the room. The dance teacher clapped his hands. "Now, dolls, I do so hope you are ready to have your first audience, because the artists of our fair campus have come to practice motion drawing by studying us! Isn't that fun?!"

Meg groaned inwardly. As if the pressure wasn't enough!

She tried to dance as fluidly as possible, and felt a pair of eyes staring at her back. Quickly, she whirled around. A girl with long brown hair tied back by a bandana gazed at her, looking down and sketching every few seconds. Forgetting why the girl was there, Meg snapped, "Take a picture, why don'tcha?"

The girl smirked. "I would, but I'm not a photography major. And I would sketch someone else, but I'm not that good at motion art and so I decided to sketch the slowest one here."

Meg's face reddened and she was about to give a quick retort when the girl quickly seemed to realize what she had just said.

"Oh! Sorry! I didn't mean it like that, it's just...you dance really well, but the others...it's hard to capture their motion..uh...sorry..."

Meg nodded stiffly, but resolved to dance as quickly as she could. Steeling herself, she decided to perform one of those powerfully fast twirl-turns she was well known for back at her high school.

She readied herself...
Focused on a fixed point...
and TWIRLED WITH ALL HER MIGHT!!!

She felt like she was floating on air, and for the first time since class started, she smiled.

BAM! Suddenly, Meg crashed into another dancer. Using her reflexes, she quickly grabbed a nearby pole, but the other girl wasn't so lucky.

She tottered, trying to grab something, when her feet slipped out from under her and she fell on her head. WHACK! Meg winced at the loud sound that the other dancer's head emitted as it hit the hardwood floor.

The other dancers and the teacher crowded around the fallen dancer. "Are you okay?!?!" the teacher asked worriedly, "Lynn, are you okay?!?"

Meg walked nervously toward Lynn. "Omigosh!! I'm SO SORRY!!!"

Lynn made a great show of groaning in pain. "I'm NOT OKAY," she wailed, "and that girl" - with this, she pointed at Meg - "totally crashed into me ON PURPOSE!"



TO BE CONTINUED BY PRESSENTER...
© Copyright 2013 Technicalities (lvisbaus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1946954-Guild-of-the-Arts-Chapter-6