*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1947099-Guild-of-the-Arts-Chapter-9
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1947099
This is a story my friend Technicalities and I will write together, chapter by chapter
"So, you think you can play the piano?"

Tamara willed herself not to roll her eyes. "Yes, yes I can."

The teacher peered at her through his glasses. "Very well. Let's see how well you can play. If it's good enough, you can play the instrumental for the Winter Fest."

He handed her two pieces of sheet music and beckoned her towards the piano. "Begin when you're ready."

Tamara breathed deeply, and began to play. As she played, another girl sang the lyrics.

I try, hard, to be someone
I really shouldn't be
But when I try to be myself
I don't like what I see

And the girl continued to sing about being yourself. At first, it sounded like an over used cliche, but then Tamara started to relate to to the song. Especially one stanza:

You tell me to be myself
But I don't care
I'll always want to improve myself
And what's there

When the song was over, Tamara walked up to the teacher. "The lyrics were amazing! Who wrote them?"

A girl stepped out shyly. "I wrote them."

The teacher smiled. "Akira here is a talented writer. I stumbled upon her poem and thought it would make a perfect song." He grinned. "You two might as well get to know each other. Tamara, I think you play beautifully. You're hired!"

Tamara forgot who was there and broke into a happy dance. "Yes, yes YEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Then she quickly stifled her excitement and said. "Thank you very much."

After the teacher left, Akira raised an eyebrow and giggled. "Nice happy dance."

Tamara laughed. "You should see my friend, Meg." She gasped. "I almost forgot, I have to meet her today at lunch!"

Akira laughed. "But we barely got to know each other!"

Tamara smiled. "I'll see you later then. But I really have to go now."

And with that, she ran off towards the cafeteria.




© Copyright 2013 PressEnter (shmerrish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1947099-Guild-of-the-Arts-Chapter-9