*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1947348-The-wild-wolf
Rated: E · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1947348
Daniel Scott finds himself obsessed by a woman that can't be his, Sarah Dean. Or can she?
Daniel
"Hey! Where are you, Daniel?" shouted my mother as she searched for me. "Daniel Alexander Scott! If you don't come right now, you won't like it when I'll find you!"
I walked out of the veranda and made my way slowly up the stairs.
"You have 15 seconds, Daniel!"
While she shouted the seconds, I walked faster to arrive in her bedroom in time.
"Five! Four! Three..." She turned my way when I entered the room. "Can you explain something to me?" she said furiously. "You are 25 years old, a handsome, wealthy young man and you haven't found your mate yet?"
"Mom, I..." I began to explain.
"You are searching for your mate since your are a teenager," she cut me, "and you haven't found the other part of your soul? We have been searching in every other packs near us to find her. Your father has even made some researches on the Internet. And now that you have been on the phone with 10 pack leaders, you tell me that you haven't found her yet?" she yelled at me.
"Suzan, calm down," said my father calmly. "It's really hard to find our mate. It took me 10 years to find you! Don't worry, darling."
"Henry!" said my mother hysterically. "Aren't you afraid that our son will never be able to marry? To bond?"
"Suzie, don't you trust him?"
"Yes! Of course! What a question, Henry! But..."
"Mom, I'm going to America in three days," I interrupted flatly.
She turned her big grey-gold eyes at me. She stood silent for a minute, then began to shout again:
"Why didn't you tell me before? Daniel, answer me!"
"You're not letting me the chance with all this shouting!" I exploded.
She stood there, watching me. I appreciated the silence for this time and then I began on a calm voice:
"Mom, Dad, as I said, I'm going to America. But... Not in the USA. In the Canada. I know it's far, but it's the only place we haven't searched where there are big packs. I can only think of this place for her."
"If your instincts lead you there, then we support you with all our hearts," said rapidly my father before my mother could say anything.
She mumbled something incomprehensible while I gave my father a thanking look.

Four days later, I arrived at my hotel, tired. I yawned and entered. The woman in the lobby smiled at me and gave me my room number. I took the elevator with another young woman, who kept blushing and smiling at me. 'If you knew what I am, you wouldn't smile with that stupid smile right now,' I thought with a grin. I got out, opened the door of my room and jumped on the bed, clothes on. I think I've never had a better night. The next morning, I used the bathroom, took my shower, changed of clothes and went down for breakfast. I found there appreciative looks of young women, jealous ones of many men and omelettes. I ate rapidly and went out for my day of seeking. I did that for at least three days. The fourth, the morning was the same, the same breakfast... But when I got out, a woman caught my eye; she had blond, golden hair, a thin body with voluptuoue forms, angular traits, a straight, narrow nose, lips that seemed to ask for a kiss and the most magnificent eyes I have ever seen. They were green with strays of gold in them.
© Copyright 2013 ColdWinter (coldwinter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1947348-The-wild-wolf