*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1949079-Startled-Awake
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1949079
The very first thing I ever wrote. Hope you enjoy!
Startled awake! Again the voice awakens him from a dreamless sleep. Where is it coming from? It’s beautiful…this heavenly voice that replaces his dreams, every night for months now. The sound of heartache makes his heart bleed. What could it be? Why is it tormenting his sleep?

He seems to remember the voice crying his name in loving adoration through harmonies no human could ever achieve. In his state of half-sleep, he can focus in on it more clearly it seems. Love songs too beautiful to repeat. Why? Someone is in love with him it seems, but who?

Crying, suddenly, for the first time, he hears it, “Logan…” Instantly he awakens. “…I love you.” It’s still there! How can he still hear it while he is awake? “How I long for you.” He’s not crazy after all! It really exists…sweet confirmation. Wait…there is a tiny light by him on the bed. “I am weak from loving you.” What could it be? He looks closer.

She looks up. There he is. Oh no! He’s seen her! She tries to hide, but she cannot find the energy. Her true love has found her, but too late. “Forbidden love, it cannot be. Our hearts aligned, not meant to be.”

He picks her up. She’s beautiful! He knows he’s loved her since he first heard her voice. He touches her wing with his finger. Runs his finger through her hair. “I love you too.” She closes her eyes and smiles. “Goodbye.” And the light goes out.
© Copyright 2013 SylphLuna (sylphluna at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1949079-Startled-Awake