*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1950086-Hunter-the-hunted
by Raven
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1950086
A genetically modified teenager.
Thoughts of revenge where my first thoughts when I saw the shredded paper that lay like colored snow flakes on the cold wooden floorboards. Angry tears flood my eyes, I furiously wipe them away not wanting them to be noticed. I kneel and sift through the shredded paper covered in various colors, these where the remnants of my art work. I sweep them into a pile with the side of my hand. I stand with a my hand clenched around the paper. I walk stiffly to the bin and dump them then march out of the room. I head down the crowded hallway, filled with my fellow peers heading of to there various classes. Non give me a second look, after all I'm just the weirdo who goes by the name of Hunter, the one who should be locked up.



"Hunter!" I look towards where my name is being called from, the school shrink, oops I mean student physiologist Joan. That's who called me. Of course. I have only been hear a week but already every on hates me because of who I am well more what I am. Sighing a walk to the door that lead into Joan's Office. She is standing in the door way grinning broadly. She likes me, but only because I'm the only one who bothers to act nice to her. NO one else bothers hiding there emence dislike towards her. I smile at her, it does not reach my eyes. "How are you Terry?" that's what she prefers to call me, she can't except what i am.



She only calls me Hunter when she can't get my attention, which is quiet often. "Im fine" i mumble, trying to make it convincing. "Terry, you can tell me anything" She says a hint of sharpness in her tone, she hates people not telling her there every thoughts, don't no how she became a shrink. "Nothing serious I have some homework due that I haven't finished yet" I lie while smiling. "You look tied, have you been sleeping alright?" she asks her smile renewed. I frown "I have told you I can't sleep" I say anger tinging my tone. Since my career had first enrolled me in this school and informed the students and teachers of the situation, Joan who had been enlisted to make me tell her my every thought new about me but she wouldn't believe me. I have told her nearly every day for the past week that my name is Hunter and that I can't sleep, she still wont accept it. She frowns at me and opens her mouth to talk, interrupting I say agitated "Fine I will come in and talk to you ok?" I say quickly stepping towards her office, calving a path as people jump to avoided me.



she smiles at me as I walk in, some how on her face it looks like a sneer. Her dirty blond hair, cut in a bob that did not suit her thin face. She shuts the door as I brush past her before taking a seat on the red arm chair that sat behind a spindly brown table which held a computer a book a snow globe and a note book. She swung in the squishy arm chair that look so big compared to the table, she flapped her hands at the brown leather coach that sat along the other wall indicating for me to sit, I don't. Making sure the door was shut I walk to her desk. I rest my clenched fists on her desk and lean forward to with in thirty centimeters of her face. "my name is Hunter, that is also what I am. I am a genetically modified human being that has unnatural strength and speed, my sight and smell is impossible for any other except other hunters. I can not bleed" I grab a pen of the desk and stab it into my arm, a hole appears with white around the edges, already it start to close over as I lay the pen back on the desk next to her white freckled hand. I notice that she pulls it hurriedly away but ignore it.

"Ter-Hunter" she corrects hurriedly finally sensing my anger "I understand that you are a disturbed young teenager that wishes to escape her life style by creating a imaginary and impossible life for yourself, but at some point you are going to have to come back to reality!" I look at her shocked.

"but-"

"no buts, its ok Terry, I am here to help you with this difficult transition" she say fake smile plastered to her face.

"Where you not there when Janine enrolled me?" I ask astounded.

"of course! your foster-mum told me everything!" she said cheerfully.

"my foster-mum?" I ask flabbergast. "surely you have seen how every one treats me!" I add.

"they treat you like that because your suffering from insanity Terry" talking as if explain to a three year old why they couldn't eat more ice-cream.



The End
© Copyright 2013 Raven (ravenbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1950086-Hunter-the-hunted