*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1951916-Again
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Elgin
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1951916
Flash Fiction
Again





    He said "Follow me.  I know the way", then he had popped unceremoniously out of existence.  He had forgotten.  Again.  It didn't trouble her that without him, she was stranded in an endless jungle without any way home.  It didn't bother her much that there was a giant saber-cat, about 100 yards away, staring at her levelly, contemplating whether or not she might put up a fight if he tried to eat her.  No.  What REALLY bothered her was that he had forgotten.





    Again.





    What was it going to take for him to realize that without his dimensional transducer, she was pretty much helpless.  Or was he actually trying to make that point?  Well, after this little episode (if she lived that was), She would make him take her home.  That would show him.





    She tapped her brown suede shoe on the rock in front of her, impatiently.  A slight breeze ruffled the surrounding leaves, as well as her long brown hair.  A slight smell of ozone and he popped back into the space in front of her, looking sheepish.  "Er...I forgot."

"Again."

"Um, yes.  Again.  Ready?"





    She thought about it for a moment, deciding that her sense of adventure was greater than her ire and knowing that she was going to regret it and said, "yes."





    Then she grabbed his arm and they popped out of existence together.  The cat, momentarily stunned by his meal leaving so suddenly, started scanning the undergrowth for his next meal.







© Copyright 2013 Elgin (firstsunwolf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1951916-Again