*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1952485-Where-the-moon-rest-In-the-ring
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1952485
Storm faces Darius
Storm stepped out of the tunnel. She immediately focused on the wolf already in the fighting ring. She ignored the noise of the crowd; Darius was her only focus now. His grey coat was matted and he had a mad gleam in his almost golden brown eyes. He was bigger than her and he lived for only one thing...to kill. He growled and pulled his lip up revealing long yellow teeth.



Ben Halloway used Darius to fight in these "public fights". Her own fights were usually at his own private house. Both she and Darius have made him a very rich man. And Storm knew she was good. She has survived the last four years. She was not about to roll over, nor would she be giving Darius her throat and die.



The ring consisted out of huge especially werewolf proof glass walls allowing the audience full view of the inside. The faces around it were filled with greed and hunger for violence. The man she hated with all her fiber was outside it. Her "owner" mouthed: "You are going to die." ,at her. On purpose she looked away from him settling all her attention on the wolf in the ring with her.



She and the grey wolf circled each other. Storm let her wolf side take full control. She mentally cut off the pain throbbing through her body as he barreled into her. The fact that her silver infected wounds were still periodically leaking fresh blood was troublesome and made the male even crazier.



She stopped being just defensive and instead started to attack. She slipped under him, her jaws clamping into his soft under belly. Storm dodged out under him before his larger body could trap her underneath him. She growled at the scent of his fresh blood falling onto the concrete under them and his yelp of pain.Smaller is not always a death sentence. She jumped onto his back clamping her jaws around his neck. She jumped off and away as he tried to fall backwards to crush her against the wall.



She launched another attack tearing into his back legs. His blood lust made his attacks clumsy and on a whim. He just wanted to kill her; the smell of her blood was like a song. And heeding it he didn't plan his attacks. All she had to do was stay out of his teeth and claws' way and make her attacks count.



She was much slower than she usually was but still faster than the male. It would not last but she had to make the best of it while it did. She launched short attacks on areas that mattered in a fight- his legs,chest,back and neck. As his blood filled her mouth her attacks became more vicious and her blood lust took over. She was aware of other noises around them but gave all her attention to her opponent. He knocked her over and his body trapped her on her back under him. She clamped her teeth into his throat and let her back legs leave even bloodier nail marks over an already bleeding under belly. Storm felt her own wounds leak and her own strength  get less but she forced her teeth deeper around his throat. If she was going to die she was taking this craze bastard above her with her.



Her hold on his throat strengthened and she felt his movements become frantic as he tried to shake her off but she held on. His movements became spasms as his life force ebbed out of him with the pool of his own blood. At last his eyes became empty and he was motionless. His body half trapped her and she struggled out from under him. Her body ached and her breath was coming out in gasps, she was covered in blood. She stepped over the body, now running on purely instinct. Experience taught her the guards will burst in shortly.



Mikeal opened the silver strengthened gate separating him from his werewolf partner with the keys he took off the guard. His blue eyes roamed over his partner's injuries with a mixture of anger and worry. "Are you okay?" He asked Luke as he handed him his weapons.



Luke stepped out of the cell grinning at the two unconscious bodies lying behind Mikeal. "You could not wait for me before you started the fun?" He joked strapping his weapons on and feeling whole again. Mikeal's face did not change so he answered. "Yeah, it's already healing. I think that kid in the ring is in a far worse condition than I am now Brother." Luke's voice came out like a growl. His blue eyes sparkled at the thought of dealing out justice; it would be unlikely that the kid would survive the fight. He helped Mikeal to drag the unconscious guards into his cell; locking the door behind them.



Both the feral wolf and the kid were still in the room when Mikeal entered and whistled but were already in the tunnel when he took out the two guards in the room. Mikeal sighed as the crowd outside cheered. They left the room and opened the doors for his dad and the rest.



All hell broke out as they stormed inside the building. Most of the bastards watching the fight was oblivious to what happened so engrossed were they on the two wolves in the ring. They had everyone in custody and still the two were battling. The female was fast and deadly. The male's body shook as he died and the blood covered female struggled from under him. The female half stumbled over the now dead body. The control for opening the door in the wall buzzed as a bullet was sent into it. Luke, Mikeal, Hank and the Head Alpha of the region stepped into the ring. It was time to get the little one out of there.



They were met with her growling and snarling and snapping at them. She was severely bleeding and her breathing came out in pants. She was in trouble medically for sure. They tried to soothe her but she was pure animal right now; running on instinct older than time. The Head Alpha sighed and looked at his Beta that stepped in behind her and ordered with regret in his voice. "Tranquillize her."



Storm placed herself over her kill. The men and wolves were too close to her kill. She was not planning on eating it but sure as hell wasn't going to give it up. As she drew up her lip and growled they froze in place. Their presence bothered her for some reason but for the life of her, she could not remember what it was. Storm drew back from her kill and started retreating away from them, never letting them out of her sight. They made her nervous and she had the sudden need to get away from them. She was too wounded to fight them too. It was time to leave.



The stronger of the wolves said something. There were movement behind her but before she could turn and face this new danger something hit her rump and the world around her spun before black nothingness crashed over her. And she crumbled into a heap.
© Copyright 2013 nicky Ive (iveson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1952485-Where-the-moon-rest-In-the-ring