*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1952850-The-screamer-and-the-scholar
by Anner
Rated: E · Other · Arts · #1952850
Different ways of getting heard :)
It seems somehow that singlemindedness inspires action.
The man who is sure of one fact, red in the face with a single stream of sweat on his temple, tells the world what he thinks.  He will act and endeavor to convince until he is satisfied that all have heard, and that his point has been made, however inelegant or coarse the execution.
It is the thoughtful man - burrowed behind his spectacles, examining page after page of information, meticulously weighing the pros and cons, mentally calculating statistics- that is, ironically unheard from.  For once this man has finally given enough cautious and exploratory thought to the matter, he will then rearrange his cuffs and begin to formulate and record his perspective on the matter.  It will be a beautiful thing: well developed, carefully planned, hints of wit and irony planted like seeds throughout .
Then, once masterfully completed, it is submitted to journals, articles, magazines and all other appropriate repositories of higher knowledge.
With time, other men like him will find it and lend his thoughts their consideration. Weaving his ideas through theirs, developing the depth and fine tuning the themes.
This eloquent process will continue quietly, invisibly - while the singleminded man concludes his public, screeching argument with a final, triumphant staccato.
It is clear which one the public has heard.
What an unfortunate arrangement.
© Copyright 2013 Anner (dargatz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1952850-The-screamer-and-the-scholar