*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1953122-A-Look-into-the-Foxs-Heart
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Fanfiction · #1953122
RenaKato fan fiction in progress.
A look into the Fox's heart.
RenaKato Fanfic
It had been nearly two years since the incident with the runaway Locomon, and the Tamers and their Digimon had re-readjusted to life, with some minor differences. Rika finally put aside her dislike of Ryo, and the two became the strongest tag-team match in any card tournament. Guilmon, after having spent his time away from Takato in the digital world, learned a few things and matured a bit, to the point where he wasn't ALWAYS causing trouble. Henry and Terriermon, alongside Henry's dad finally cracked the code that would allow the Digimon to travel freely between the 'real' world and the Digital world. Shortly after Henry's family had discovered the code, Jeri, who was still shaken by the loss of her partner Leomon, despite her participation in the Parisimon invasion, found herself confronted by a Digiegg. Though she felt she had no right to another partner things soon changed when it hatched into a Tsunomon exhibiting Leomon's memories, however vague they were. Calumon who had taken up residence with Jeri, found the new playmate exciting and returned to the usual antics. Takato's teen years finally sunk in and he got the better end of puberty. Growing to be 5'2" in the short year and a half since he created and met Guilmon, and matured a bit. Not as much as Guilmon matured granted, but it was still an improvement. Renamon, however was probably the most changed of them all.

Renamon, who had, like Rika, believed that Digimon had no purpose but to fight and win, slowly began to lose her ideals. She realized that there were other purposes to her existence, that she wasn't just a fighting machine. Renamon didn't know when these ideals of hers started to decay, but she strongly suspected it had all began with Takato. Whenever she tried to think of when she started changing, she was brought back to the day she met Takato and Guilmon, and had attempted to delete and absorb the Goggle-wearing Trainer's partner. She specifically recalled how emotional Takato had been when trying to convince Rika that there was no need to fight. After that Renamon would recount all the times Takato had denied that Digimon were just packets of data, how he had argued instead that they too were living beings, that she was a living thing. Takato believed that Digimon had hearts and souls, that she had a heart and soul, just like any other living thing.

Renamon shook her angular head and tried to clear her thoughts. She felt like for the past few months the childish Tamer had been on her mind far too much.

"He never specifically referenced any Digimon." She thought to herself as soon as she had realized what she was imagining. "But he did say ALL Digimon. And I AM a Digimon too." She rationalized.

Renamon was surprised by a quick pull on her tail that broke her concentration- and consequently her balance- and sent her on a brief fall out of the tree she had been in a moment ago.

"Is that anyway to say hello Guilmon? I honestly thought you had grown up a bit more than this." She said as she stood up and brushed herself off before turning to face the red Digimon.

Only it hadn't been Guilmon. Instead there stood a human, just shorter than she was. His ruffled brown hair sitting just at eye level, his blue shirt and his grey shorts that were the signature of his look hadn't changed even after all this time.

"Takato? How did you..?" Renamon was generally flustered. Not only because a human, much less the moderately clumsy Takato, had snuck up on her, but also because of her thoughts moments before.

"It was easy Renamon, no offense." Mused the teen Tamer. "You were pretty far out there, what could you have been thinking about to have you that deep in thought? Was there another Bio-emergence? Did you have a fight with Rika?"

"No offense taken, I think? There's still no sign of other Digimon, and Rika and I haven't fought in a long time, you know that Takato." The Yellow vixen still admired his vigilance, even though there hadn't been any Bio-emergences since the Parasimon invasion. A fact Renamon proceeded to remind him of. But as usual Takato disregarded it.

"We went months without seeing you and the other Tamers' Digimon after all, if you remember when you were returned to the Digital world after we beat the D-reaper." Takato put his logic into the situation. "If you guys could find a way out after all that time, then there's no telling how long it could be before other Digimon, like those Parasimon and the Locomon could come here too, right?"

"Well you aren't wrong. And it's good to see that at least one of you haven't forgotten that." Renamon commented to herself, remembering that Rika had stopped carrying her Digivice about a month and a half ago.

"So what were you thinking about then Renamon?" The goggled Tamer asked her with a twinge of interest in his voice.

"What does it matter to you?" She asked back, as secretive as ever.

"Well, if it was something important enough to distract you so much that I managed to catch you off-guard, it must be something worth investigating, right?"

Renamon was glad that she had learned to control her outward expressions, because she wasn't sure what kind of face she could have been making at the time. "For now, I'll look into it myself. I'll inform you if I learn anything of use, alright?" She paused for a moment, and asked something she never thought she would. "Takato? You know how you're always reminding everyone that Digimon, are just as alive as Humans?"

"Uh, yeah? Are you gonna say that I'm wrong, like you used to Renamon?" Takato, who was also thrown off by this question, looked at her in a confused manner.

"No, that's not it. I believe you when you say we're alive, but." She paused for a moment, looking for the right words.

"But?"

"Takato, what does it mean to be alive? We've followed your ideal, but what makes something 'alive'?" She leaned back against the trunk of the tree, looking intently at the teen's face.

"Gee Renamon. That's a heavy one isn't it?" Takato felt like he was at a loss for words, which wasn't too uncommon, but still surprised him nonetheless.

"It's fine if you don't know." Renamon stood back up and turned to leave.

"Wait." Takato grabbed her wrist and stopped her. "To be alive...is.."

"Is what Takato?" The fox Digimon found herself acutely aware of how close his hand was to hers.

"It's..." Takato felt like he was struggling more than when he fought against the D-reaper. "It's when you. When you. When you have something to move on for. Sometimes you have something you want to protect, sometimes it's a goal you want to achieve. Sometimes people just live to be happy, or to have fun. Ah! Even more people live for another person. Having feelings and emotions and something to drive you to want to continue to live, even if it's only to survive another day is what makes something truly alive."

"You mean like with Jerri and Leomon? To live for someone else I mean." Renamon asked, only having understood the last bit.

"Well, yeah. But what I mean is like with people who really like eachother... You know... Like a boyfriend or a girlfriend or... something ?" Takato, being fifteen at this point, found himself embarrassed about it. Mainly because he still hadn't had a girlfriend of his own yet, but that was because there wasn't anyone he really liked that way.

"Oh, like with your parents?" The vixen mused.

"Well yeah, I guess that could be true." Takato smiled at the thought.

Renamon played with the idea in her head, of two Digimon living for the sake of one another. She then choked back a shocked expression when, instead of two Digimon she had though of herself and Takato curled up next to eachother on the roof of the Nonaka house. But even with her training her jaw dropped when she found herself asking what was on her mind.

"Takato, do you have anyone like that?"

Renamon instantly brought up her free hand up to her mouth and instinctively teleported back to the roof of the Nonaka residence. Not realizing that Takato still had his grip on her wrist. Which resulted in Takato being warped with her. Of course, this being the first time Takato had gone through such a thing, he quickly fell to his knees upon arrival and emptied his stomach on the roof.

It was at that point Rumika Nonaka, Rika's mother, who was walking to Rika's room to tell her daughter that dinner was finished found herself underneath a loud thumping noise, and a quick following retching. Worried that Renamon had gotten into some trouble, was surprised to see Takato heaving infront of a concerned looking Renamon when she ran out to the garden to look atop the roof.

-------------------------------------

"So tell me again, why you were on my roof, tossing cookies at this time of day?" Rika, who was slightly more confused than angry about what had happened. "Why'd you bring him here Renamon? There something going on?"

Renamon calmly explained the situation, avoiding talking about her thoughts, but not omitting the embarrassing things she had asked, and after all was said and done, Rika dismissed the other Tamer, who left without too much fuss.

"Renamon," Rika called out to her partner to. Keep her from leaving the room just yet.

"Yes, Rika?"

"I'm noticing a lot of things wrong with your explanation you know." Rika patted the floor next to her for Renamon to sit at.

"I don't understand Rika?" The yellow vixen knew she was playing coy. She knew it would come out if Rika pressed her too hard though, and she didn't want that. "I told you what happened, what's wrong with my explanation?"

"Well first, even when you would meditate you wouldn't let anyone sneak up on you like that. Especially not that Goggle-head. And then what's with the suddenly asking him about being alive? And most importantly that last question? It's not just unlike you Renamon, it's just plain suspicious. Are you sick or something?" The female Tamer was at a loss trying to figure this out, and wanted a straight answer.

"I can't explain it either Rika. I was just thinking about all the times Takato had told us that Digimon were alive, but we never really understood what it meant to be 'alive' so I wanted to know what he meant, I think."

"That still doesn't cover why you asked him if he was single or not Renamon, and that's what I really wanna know. Is there something wrong with your head? I don't think I understand how Digimon work exactly but-" Rika cut herself off as the craziest idea crossed her mind.

"But what Rika?" Renamon asked, her interest piqued

"Renamon, do Digimon date? Like do they start to like other Digimon and start acting together as couples? You know, boyfriend and girlfriend kind of stuff."

"Normally in the digital world there is no gender Rika, I told your family that before the D-reaper fight. But here in the 'Real' world it seems after I, as well as the other Tamer's Digimon I imagine, bio-merged with my human partner I was imprinted with my Tamer's, your, gender. The whole reason your mom had me and the others specially made clothes to cover that area, if you remember that ordeal. But, yes, sometimes in the digital world higher level Digimon will pair up. Raise and protect the weaker Digimon much like a human family, why?" The fox Digimon didn't get where Rika was going with this.

"Is there anything like preferences in those pairs? Or is it just the strongest two Digimon?" Rika thought she might be on to something.

"Preferences? What do you mean Rika?"

"Do Digimon pair up with other Digimon based on strength, or based on wether or not they like the other Digimon?" She just needed to get the last piece out of her Digimon, and then Rika was sure to have the answer to Renamon's behavior.

"I suppose that factors in. But I still don't get where this is going." The vulpine warrior tilted her head and gave her partner a questioning glance.

"Could it be that you like Takato?" The female Tamer put her conclusion out on the table, and studied Renamon for a reaction, which she soon got.

"I don't think it's....like..." Renamon was about to dismiss the silly notion but found that when she thought about Takato she couldn't say that she didnt like him in some way. "I respect Takato. He lead us through a lot, both here in the real world and in the digital world. I admire him for his strength when fighting with Guilmon, and his courage in facing Beelzemon as well as the Deva, the Digimon Sovereign and the D-reaper."

"When you think of him, what do you feel Renamon? Rika questioned the vixen, trying to get a more concrete answer.

"I feel like he's someone I can trust, like you. I feel like if he hadn't become Guilmon's Tamer and met with us like he did, I might not be here right now, none of us might've made it out in the D-reaper fight. I feel like Takato has done a lot, maybe more for us than he should have, considering we tried to load Guilmon's data."

"Renamon," Rika paused, trying to figure out how she could ask the question in a way he partner would understand. "When you think of Takato, do you feel like you want to know more about him? Or maybe like you want to spend more time around him? Maybe you want to share special places you have visited with him?" She was trying to think like Renamon would.

The fox Digimon stood up and thought about what her Tamer was asking and found that she did. Renamon knew all about how Takato met Guilmon, how he and the other Tamer's went to the Digital world. But she didn't know anything personal about him. She wanted to spend more time with him and learn more about him. Renamon blushed as she recalled imagining herself and the childish Tamer sleeping on the roof.

"I don't think I would be against it Rika, if that's what you mean?" Renamon straightened up a bit more and nodded as she finally began to see her Tamer's point. "For now, and you keep this between us, this liking Takato thing. Even if I do, we aren't even the same kind of creature, so there's no-"

"There's no way he could like you back? There no way you could be together? There's no future even if you were?" Rika cut off her Digimon before the yellow warrior could begin to rationalize why she couldn't be with Takato. "We were also told there was no way to save the Digital world and that we couldn't beat the D-reaper. That human and digimon could never survive together and that we would all die in the fights we won. What is something like this, the idea of being happy with someone have to it that those didn't?"

"I don't know Rika. It just seems out of reach." Renamon, who had been initially shocked by Rika's readiness to compare an unlikely pairing and an apocalyptic event, now smiled internally at how much she was coming to realize her partner really cared. "Even if it is possible for he and I together, and I'm not saying that's what I want Rika, and even if there were a future to be had with Takato, not that I think I want one, there is no way in either world that he would like me back. Not after everything that's been said and done."

"Says who Renamon? I mean, did Takato ever directly say that he would never ever like you?"

"No, but Rika, think Logically here I'm a Digimon, I'm not even Human!" Renamon found herself wondering for the first time ever, what it would be like being human instead of who she was.

But at that very moment, Rika, now standing beside Renamon, clutching onto her partner's arm like there was no way she would let her walk away thinking like that, did the unthinkable. Rika, who was now determined to make up for some of the horrible things she had done and said to Renamon, dragged her partner out of the room, across the garden and out to the street. "Renamon go catch Takato, as slow as he is, he can't have gotten far. Bring him back and we can stop either my suspicions, or your beliefs before we mess up and cause unneeded troubles. GO!"

"But.. Rika why are we-"

"JUST GO, AND HURRY!"

"A-alright I. I got it!" The vulpine vixen nodded, her face and expression flushed as she leaped up and vanished midair, leaving Rika to wonder what she had set into motion.

---------------------------

Renamon let out a small excited huff as she sat inside the Matsuki residence. She had settled in at the kotatsu table, smiling to herself as she awaited Takato's mother, Yoshie as she had insisted Renamon called her, patiently. The Vixen had always enjoyed spending time with Yoshie, though it was often brief due to her occupation in the bakery, and this time was no exception. In fact Renamon found herself especially pleased with the visit today.

"There's a bit of time for us, before Takato makes it home Renamon," The teen's mother noted more for herself than for her guest, "I imagine you have something important you wanted to chat about today Renamon, seeing just how much of a hurry you arrived in!" Yoshie, who had been busy gathering some fresh bread for her furry friend, rounded the corner that led from the bakery's kitchen to the family's dining room with a tray of curry bread that was still hot from the oven. "So, let's hear it, what's going on with the smile, Hm?" She question Renamon pointedly, knowing that the nature of the fox was to remain calm and collected about nearly everything.

Renamon's eyes brightened up slightly as she debated on spilling her newfound secret to Yoshie. She quickly grabbed a piece of the bread and took a bite, attempting to stall while she mulled over sharing and, having forgotten that the bread was fresh, burnt her tongue. If the yellow fox's already scrambled state of mind wasn't enough to let her reactions to slip through, this new surprise tipped the scales causing her to yelp in spite of herself.

"Renamon?!" Yoshie had quickly leaned over the kotatsu and grabbed on to her guests arms in order to keep her from falling onto the floor. "What's wrong with you today child? It's not like you to be like this! Spill it!"

Renamon took several moments to compose herself after the most recent screw up on her half and turned to face Takato's mother. It was then with a flushed face (not that Yoshie could tell with the fur covering it) she quietly, calmly and with a squeak spoke the reason for her scrambled self.

"I gave it a lot of thought Mrs. Matsuki," she paused, allowing Yoshie to understand that the formality meant she that she was serious. "And I've come to the conclusion that I might have feelings for Takato."

"Feelings?," Yoshie paused and, having let go of Renamon, brought a hand up to her chin in thought. "As in what kind Renamon? Friends or Rivals? I don't ever quite follow your whole 'Disciplined Warrior' logic. Does this mean you're warning me about possibly hurting Takato?!" Takato's mom's eyes widened quickly as she began to worry for her son's safety once more.

"N-No! I wouldn't hurt him! And we are already friends! I- I think anyway," The fox Digimon sighed in exasperation as she reached out, taking her host's hand gently and looked her in the eye. "Not feelings as a warrior. Feelings as... Feelings as a g-girl Yoshie." Renamon bowed her head slightly and let her arm drop onto the table, awaiting the response from her newly admitted crush's mother.

"Oh?," Yoshie reeled back slightly at the admission, not out of disgust but sheer surprise of the person who had admitted it. "Renamon? You? But. Wait but why? Why Takato?"

With her head still hung limply, the thoroughly embarrassed warrior could only speculate.

"Because even if he's clumsy and childish. Even if he makes mistakes Takato is a great person. When we were in the digital world a Digimon named Beelzemon killed Leomon, Jerri's Digimon. Takato who cared so much for all of us snapped at the loss of a Digimon. At the loss of a friend. It was horrifying what he did, he forced Guilmon to digivolve into a monster who's mere existence was tearing apart the digital world. It was horrible. But at the same time it was heroic. He- "

"Heroic?" Yoshie cut off her digital friend out of confusion. "How is making a monster like that Heroic?"

Renamon snapped her head up and locked her gaze with Yoshie's

"He did it for a Digimon. He would have destroyed the entire digital world over the loss of one Digimon he had called his friend. It wasn't for a human. And that's what makes it so heroic. He did it over something that everyone else in the world considered nothing more than a simple program. However once he realized the danger he put everyone else in he stopped and began to regret it."

"But doesn't that mean you only admire him Renamon?"

"I thought so too, but no. Every time I think of him I can't help but think of myself beside him, not as a warrior, not as a friend, but as someone who means something to him. I want to hold him, to sleep next to him, to just be with him wherever he goes!" Renamon crossed her arms over her chest, having realized how desperate she must seem in the matter.

"You really do admire him, and it seems like you do love him. But why come to me about it?" Yoshie had her hand on her chin again, caught up in a genuine bout of confusion once more.

"Because I'm not.... Human..." The Vixen hung her head again and sigh heavily, her eyes watering up in what she could only guess were tears. "I'm not human, and it's not normal. I don't have the right to.... I guess... I needed you to either confirm or deny it.. Someone unbiased like Rika."

"Well, if you put it like that I'd have to call you pretty silly Renamon." Takato's mother gently pressed a hand to her yellow guests cheek and smiled softly. Yoshie understood that Renamon had finally taken that first big leap away from being a warrior and just being a person. "Let's just assume that Takato feels the same way, and we don't know that he does, then I don't think there's anything wrong with the two of you becoming a couple."

Renamon's head snapped up faster than before, her eyes still wet with tears of a different kind before she slowly slumped over the kotatsu both from relief that there might be hope and from the exhaustion of her first time crying. She shook slightly and sobbed silently even as she found herself drifting off to a sleep that she felt she needed more than ever before.

---------------------------

Takato quietly opened the sliding door and announced that he had returned home before he kicked off his shoes and quickly made haste towards the smell of the bakery's curry bread.

"Eh?, Mom? What's Renamon doing here?," Takato immediately took notice of the furry yellow Digimon slumped over the kotatsu, seemingly deep asleep. "Did she need something? Did Rika send her for something?"

"Hush Takato! Can't you see she's sleeping? Honestly did I raise you to be so rude?" Yoshie responded to Takato's usual curiosity in hushed tones as she stood up, careful not to disturb the emotionally exhausted fox. "Come with me Hun, we need to talk, okay? It's about Renamon and it's important."

Takato's mother quickly ushered him upstairs and into is room, avoiding any questions he threw at her until she had managed to get him to sit down on his bed.

"So, uh, Mom, what's wrong with Renamon? Was she hurt? Did Rika send her? What's the deal?" The teenaged tamer was still as energetic as he was not all that long ago, if not more so, and wanted answers.

"There's nothing wrong with her Takato, in fact, I think she's finally settling into what I call normal!" Yoshie took to her knees Infront of her son, so as to look him in the eye. "I know you hate riddles so let me just be honest, Renamon likes you. She really, really likes you. Not as a friend, but as a girl. And you need to figure out how you feel about her. As her first crush you could really hurt her if you string her along like your interested only to tell her you aren't when the time comes and she asks you."

"W-wait Renamon?! Like? Mom are you sick?," Takato would fallen off of his bed had he not caught himself before he slid off. "Why would Renamon like a human? And why me?!,"

"I have no clue why she'd chose a human over another Digimon, but as for why it's you, her reasons make sense. She said that you nearly destroyed the digital world when another Digimon killed your friend, Leomon. She said that it was right then she knew you truly didn't see Digimon as anything different than people when it came down to what they are. Of course she would choose you." Yoshie smiled an odd smile, on that reminded her of the smile she had when Takato's father had first admitted that he like her. "You need to figure out what you feel towards Renamon, and tell her the truth."

--------------------------

Renamon woke with a start, her back and head aching slightly as she lifted herself off of the table. She quickly took notice of the absence of Yoshie and sighed heavily, wondering just how long she had slept for.

"There's really no telling is there...? I've never cried before. I could have been out for hours- ngh!" Renamon grunted softly as she moved herself out from under the kotatsu and stood up, stretching as she best she could to ease the aching. "Maybe Yoshie had to go back into the bakery?"

"..... And why me?!"

Renamon picked up on Takato's voice coming from upstairs, his room she expected, and hesitated for a moment before making her resolve. Quickly, quietly and smoothly the Digimon made her way up the stairs, hugging the wall just next to Takato's door.

"I have no clue why she'd chose a human over another Digimon but as for why it's you, her reasons make sense. She said that you nearly destroyed the digital world when another Digimon killed your friend, Leomon."

"Yoshie...?" Renamon whispered to herself, "Dont tell me she's-!"

"She said that it was right then she knew you truly didn't see Digimon as anything different than people when it came down to what they are. Of course she would choose you." Takato's mom continued. "You need to figure out what you feel towards Renamon, and tell her the truth."

Renamon heard Takato sigh heavily before he continued.

"I just don't know ma'. Renamon's never been into all that romance stuff. What if it's just a joke?"

Renamon's heart sank. Of course he would think that. Why wouldn't he?

"No! It's not a joke!" She practically shouted as she burst into the room. "It's not a joke! Please don't think that!"

"Renamon?!" Both Takato and his mother we caught by surprise as the sleek fox nearly fell through the door.

Renamon quickly righted herself and gave Takato what was her best attempt at a hug, holding him tightly against her chest.

"Oh, my....!" Was all Yoshie said before quietly excusing herself, "I imagine that the bread I left in the oven is almost done. I best go check on it."

And with that Yoshie left the two to themselves, thinking it best that they deal with thing on their own, smiling to herself the entire way to the kitchen.

------------------

Renamon, still holding the now struggling Takato, found herself on the verge of tears again. She shifted her grip on her human crush from his back to his shoulders and thrust him out to arms length. With a steady grip on him and a solid gaze she took a deep breath in preparation of her next words.

"Do you really think it's a joke, Takato?" The digital vixen unconsciously tightened her grip on the teen before continuing, "Do you really think that I would say anything and not mean it?"

"No! I didn't mean it like that! I just-"

"You just what? You didn't think that I'd be interested in you? That I don't have those kinds of feelings?" Renamon cut him off despite herself. The situation further overwhelming the already overwhelmed Digimon.

She had once again started crying, the tears matting down the fur on her under her eyes and on her cheeks. She watched Takato lift his head and look at her. She saw his expression soften right before it turned a light red as he gave her a look she was unaccustomed to.

"What? What's with that face?!"

"It's j-just that you're serious! And you l-like me! A-and- WHOA!"

Renamon had released her vice grip on the boys shoulders suddenly when she realized what she had just done. Her hands found themselves flying to her mouth the second time that day. Rather, they would have had Takato not found himself suddenly without support and falling onto his Digimon friend.

"Oomph!"

"Huh?!"

Renamon opened her eyes to find herself on the floor and underneath her love interest, with his face inches from her own. More than that, one of his hands was on her thigh, dangerously close to the anatomy that she had received when she had merged with Rika! She couldn't explain why she was so acutely aware of the area when she had never paid it any mind before, but she suspected it had something to do with who was involved.

"Takato, could you move your hand? It's, um, kinda close to that place." She had asked shakily as she turned her head away from his. "I, um. I do have one of those now so, if you don't mind?"

"Close to where? One of what?" The teenage boy rattled off the questions before glancing down at his hand. "I mean sure but I don't get what you mean."

Takato took an extra moment to think about what she meant when he realized just where his hand was.

"Oh!, Ah!," Takato's face was now more red than ever as he threw himself backwards off of the fox, the softness of her thigh burnt into his mind alongside several other things. "S-sorry! I didn't mean it! Promise! I didn't even know you had one of those!"

Renamon curled herself up defensively and took a few moments to calm herself down. She hadn't expected anything like this when she had woken up that morning. What she had been expecting was the peaceful morning, afternoon and night that she had been growing accustomed to, but those were likely to be postponed for some time.

"Calm down, Takato, I know you didn't mean any harm and I'm not upset," Renamon sighed as she took her time getting to her feet. "And what do you mean 'didn't know'? Doesn't Guilmon have 'one of those' boy things? Terriermon too?"

"I don't exactly look for them Renamon, besides, I haven't seen Terriermon since Henry and his dad cracked the Transfer Code." Takato, who had whirled around to face the window opposite of Renamon, sighed.

"Well, what about Guilmon? Surely you see him day-to-day, don't you?" Renamon, now standing, had her hands covering herself, her heightened awareness still burning. "I'll have to ask Rumika to find me something to wear if I'm going to be around Takato..." She thought to herself as she brought her tail up, wrapping it around her waist as best she could.

"I do, yeah. But...." Takato stopped for a moment, recalling what his science teacher had told him about lizards. "My teach told me that lizards have a pouch where they keep their privates. Maybe Guilmon has one of those?"

Renamon nodded in agreement, "That would make sense. Well, I figure that's enough of that, listen Takato... I do like you, okay?" The fox sighed softly, wondering if she was asking too much of the teen, "I like you a lot, and I'd like to know how you feel about me. So, you know. Think about it for me? I don't need an answer here and now, but..."

"But what Renamon?" The youth had turned his head enough so that he could look at his admirer, "What is it?"

"Uhm, would it be alright if I stopped by again tomorrow...?" Renamon looked down at her feet, feeling more embarrassed than she should have, "To check up, I mean!"

Takato smiled softly, relaxing again at the request, "Of course you can, you know you're always welcome here Rena!"

"I, uh, yeah! Well... Um. I'll see you tomorrow Takato." Renamon rushed past her crush, stopping for a moment on the rooms windowsill, "And Takato, if it's alright, keep calling me that."

And with that Renamon leapt out into the air, vanishing in mid air.

-------------

Later that night, Renamon tossed around on the roof of her home while she slept, panting heavily and squeezing her legs together tightly. The fox couldn't help but stroke the part her thigh that Takato had groped when he fell on her. That part of her body was burning. It was burning so bad and the Digimon couldn't cool it down. It was that night that the digital warrior dreamt of something other than fighting, of her new desire. That night Renamon dreamt of Takato.

------------

Renamon woke with a start and sat up, shaking the grogginess off as best she could. She couldn't recall the last time she had slept so deeply, yet felt so tired afterward. Renamon stood up and stretched, looking out at the Sunrise on the horizon, smiling to herself in spite of her desire to sleep in.

"I suppose, mrrng!" The fox groaned lightly as she worked out a kink in her back, "I should go see Rika and let her know what happened."

Renamon made her way to the edge of the roof and dropped herself to the ground, landing lightly as ever, and made her way towards Rika's room. The Digimon quietly slid open Rika's shōji, entering the room and closing the sliding door behind her.

"Rika?" Renamon nudged her Tamer's shoulder lightly, "Rika, wake up."

"Unnngh......"

"Rika, wake up, we need to talk!" The Digimon called out to her friend in a more urgent tone this time. "I need your help, Rika."

"Can't it wait Renamon?" Rika yawned loudly before shrugging the blanket further up with her shoulder, "I'm not even going to look outside, but I'm betting that it's too early."

"No Rika! There's a lot to do today. I've got to get your mom to pick out some clothes for me before I go back over to Takato's!" The vulpine Digimon proceeded to yank the blanket off of Rika.

"Wait what?!" Rika, hearing that her friend and partner was going to ask her mother for fashion advice, bolted upright, her eyes wide. Rika threw her hands over Renamon's shoulders to steady herself before asking, "A date?!"

Renamon shook her head quickly, "No! Nothing like that, not yet! I'm going over today to get his response to how he felt, the clothes are to cover up... places that need to be covered...." Renamon visibly blushed at the end of the sentence and shifted her hand to her thigh again.

"Jeez Renamon," Rika hung her head and sighed, before standing and heading over to her dresser. "Mom's going to flip when you ask her for fashion tips, but," A smile played over the Tamer's lips, "Well, we better get a jump on it if you want to make it there before the day's over!"

"Right!"

-----------------------
© Copyright 2013 Markus Sairo (zytepes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1953122-A-Look-into-the-Foxs-Heart