*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1953477-To-Know-Ones-True-Self
by Mac
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1953477
Chapter 2 of 8


Chapter Two: The First Trial



When I finally came through I realized that I was in a blank room. No more sand, no more pain in my feet. All that was in the room was a table and two chairs. One of which was occupied by a stout man. As he noticed my presence in the room he rose from his seat.



“Hello good sir and welcome to the first trial. Please take a seat.” said the man as he gestured to the empty chair on the opposite side of the table. Not knowing what else I could do I went and took a seat. As I got closer to the chair I noticed that there were wires connected to it’s legs. To me that could only mean one thing. That chair is electric.



“ Hey, please don’t mind me asking but, is the electricity on?” I asked because I could feel the hair on my arm start to rise as I got closer to the chair.



“Why yes... yes.. it...is...” the man said as he started to turn into a giant barn owl. Now I know what Dorothy felt like when she was in Oz. All of this is so weird. Why can’t I just answer a few questions and get this over with?



Apparently the Owl.. man... whatever that is could hear my thoughts. For he answered my question. “Because then it wouldn’t be much of a trial then now would it?” The owl said just before he took off and started flying around.



“Please let not have to fight him!” was all I could say. Then a big set of talons belonging to the owl/man tried to pick me up off the ground. Me and my big mouth.



Thankfully I got out of the way just in time. Since the owl/man missed me in attempt to pick me up, it was going too fast to pull up in time and hit the ground really hard. So hard in fact in broke one of it’s talons.



“Wait a minute,” I thought,” If when it hit the ground one of it’s talons broke off. Then maybe I can play chicken with it, and when it is close to the ground, I can jump out of the way and the talons will break!” So this is my plan. Weve through every attack until it tries to grab me. When that happens I will let him get close enough for him not to be able to stop in time and have him hit the ground. And maybe, just maybe, if I do it enough times all the talons will break!



Just as I got done with that thought the owl started to try and hit me with it’s wings. Unfortunately I got one good lick on the right side of my head. That just about did me in. Immediately after I got hit I went down to the ground, trying to catch my breath. I turned around just in time to see the owl try and pick me up again.



“ I hope this works!” I thought to myself. If this did not work, only god know what would happen.



Just as the owl’s talons were in touchable range I then threw my own legs out from beneath me and let myself fall.

‘WHACK!’ The owl hit the ground so hard that surprisingly all of it’s talons came off.



As I stood there thanking my lucky stripes I noticed something that I didn’t notice before. There was a table with weapons on it from end to end. I knew what those were for. I had to end the owl.



But I really didn’t want to. This... thing did not have to die. And if he did, I sure didn’t know. But on the other hand if I didn’t kill it it would probably kill me.



So I looked at my options. But I had to choose quick cause the owl was getting up. So the knife... no to short. The sword... no to heavy. The gun... no... the ...



Too late the owl came in and cut my left arm. All I felt was the pain of the blood rushing out of my now injured arm. There was only one choice left. The scythe.



I quickly grabbed the scythe and tried to locate the owl. Just as I found the owl it came in and almost knocked the scythe out of my hands. I knew whatever I was going to do, I better do it quick.



I followed the owl in the sky very closely to the and guess when to try and take a swing. The bird then came in for one last try to kill me. This was my last chance to try and past the first trial.



As the owl got closer and closer I got ready to swing. This was it. It was make it or break it. The owl was now within hitting range. “NOW!” I swung that scythe with all my might and then. WHACK!! The owl took a direct hit to the chest as the scythe made a three inch incision into it’s chest cavity. It landed on the ground with a thud. I did it. I just past the first trial. There was no time for celebration. For everything again went black as I was teleported to the second trial.



© Copyright 2013 Mac (macdaddy345 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1953477-To-Know-Ones-True-Self