*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1954510-Moth
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by diva
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1954510
what could a woman face to fulfill her dreams
Moth

What do you know about life?
She was holding her bag and waiting outside the doctor room. She spent the whole last day holding herslef back from buying a pregnancy test; she was not ready yet to accept the fact that she might be carrying a babe, actually she is not ready for anything. She got enough from that bastard for a whole ten years and she can't bear anymore.
A cold voice interrupted her anxious thoughts "Mrs Mcmartin, it's your turn".
The door was wide opened for her, only one step will decide whether she will end up in hell or she is still in her safe haven.
***************************

Two weeks; he is only two weeks. What shall she do?!
He won't accept the babe and she will not be able to keep him, not because she doesn't want to, but she is not really ready yet.
She covered her face; she is really tired....
she has to stop crying for now, enough !
"Eva, Eva where the hell you are?"
He is home and he is drunk as usual. The bastard only earns 50 bucks a day and he spend them all on his damn beers.
"Where are you ? Why aren't you answering you good for nothing piece of shit"
If she got a gun she will just pull the trigger and shut his mouth forever.
"I am coming, just wait a second."
He was laying down on the sofa in the living room.
Won't you just die? Won't you just stop breathing? I want to be free, I want to be alive again ... I want to be a human once again.
She looked at him for a while and then she started pulling off his dirty shoes.
****************************

"I am pregnant Adam.. No I have to do it better."
She was standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom; she is planning to tell him on breakfast since it is the only time in the day when he is sober.
Staring at the reflection of her pale face on the mirror " you look so different Eva, you used to be pretty and full of life, but now you are.... nothing, you are nobody. Everything you wanted in a life vanished, your dreams, your plans and your life. He shuttered them all."
Tears started to drop " Are you crying now after you you destroyed your life and made it this miserable..."
She cried for some more, she felt that if she shed some more tears, they would just clean up this mess and purify her soul.
"I ll just do it".
Covering her growing belly with her weak arms "We will do it"
*******************************

The weather was great, it is springing outside and she can feel the bliss. She is baking chocolate cupcakes, she will add some blueberries because Marry loves them. She lifted her head up, looking through the window; Marry is swinging outside, she looks so beautiful.
Suddenly, she felt a warm hand holding hers, and out of the blue everything started to vanish; the garden, the cupcakes and Marry. The only thing she can see now is unfamiliar blue eyes.
"Who are you?"
Looking around the room "Where am I?"
She couldn't understand anything, a cold object stung her and then she went back to the darkness.
****************************

she feels daisy,she can barely moves her arms, she opened her eyes slowly; everything seemed hazy, she closed them again. She felt a warm hand touching her forehead, she opened her eyes again.
"Good morning Madam."
She tried to move her lips but she couldn't.
"It's okay, have some rest, you are in the hospital, you've been unconscious for three days. Do you remember why you are here?"
Remember! Does she remember?
Darkness, blood, lights, screaming, broken plats, blood, Adam and ...... the babe.
She tried to move her hands to award her belly.
"Don't move Madam, your babe is fine, don't worry. So you remember right?"
She smiled "the babe is fine", that's what really matter for her.
"You feel better now right? can you talk?"
Moving her lips heavily " Yes I can , I am fine, my babe is alive ... I feel much better."
"So ... The police wants to talk to you to hear from you the whole story, can you do it?"
"The police?! .... Where is Adam?"
*****************************

Flashbacks .....
A lot of blood, it was morning, she was making the breakfast, she was slicing the bread, Adam went in, he was nagging about something, his shoes ... yes his shoes, they were dirty. She stopped slicing and she turned around "I am pregnant and I want to keep the babe.", he stopped talking, his face expressions were so not clear. Her head started spinning. He said something, I guess he said "No", he doesn't want the babe. She told him she will keep the babe and he can't do anything about it; he started yelling, she yelt back. He started throwing the plats, he slapped her, she told him to go to hell. He grabbed her from her hair, he tried to push her down on her knees then she stabbed him. Blood, there are a lot of blood, then she stabbed him more and more.
Flashbacks..... a lot of them.
She closed her eyes and opened them again.
"Why did you kill him?" the policeman asked.
She stared at the white roof and then she looked right in his eyes.
"He killed me everyday for the last ten years, isn't it enough?!"
what do you know about being a woman?
THE END


© Copyright 2013 diva (diva at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1954510-Moth