*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1954756-Prep-Instructions-Cheerleaders
Rated: E · Assignment · Activity · #1954756
Job duties and detailed instructions for October NaNoWriMo Prep Challenge staff members.
The primary duties of the Cheerleading team are:
1. to award GPs and Cheerleading Merit Badges to Preppers encouraging one another, and
2. to send reminders to Preppers who are close to exceeding 72 hours between posts.

Awarding GPs to encouraging forum posts
1. Regularly browse the forum and watch the chatter for encouraging posts
2. Under the post to be awarded, click the box that says, "Post a reply"
3. Type "You've been awarded by a Cheerleading Gift Point fairy!" (or something similar; the Cheerleading team is free to decide)
4. Include 1,000 or 5,000 GPs depending on the effort (this comes from your personal funds)
5. Transfer 1,000 or 5,000 GPs from "October Novel Prep Challenge Group [E] back to yourself (please notate "Cheerleading")
6. Log each award on the Cheer tab of the Prep Log
         NOTES:
         - it's okay to transfer in bulk for multiple awards so long as each transaction is logged
         - it's okay for multiple Cheerleaders to award the same post
         - it's okay for Cheerleaders to award each other for legitimate cheering on of other Preppers
         - please be equitable and avoid the appearance of playing favorites


Awarding Cheerleading Merit Badges
1. Watch for people going above and beyond to cheer on other Preppers
2. Award Cheerleading Merit Badges as appropriate (virtual only) and log on the Cheer tab of the Prep Log

NOTE: Going above and beyond might include behaviors such as: a post that demonstrates they clearly read another Prepper's work; giving GPs or other recognition to another Prepper for cheering someone else on (propagating the whole "let's cheer each other on" thing); talking a person through a rough spot or talking them out of quitting; posting links to helpful articles, etc. (These are just examples. Use your judgment, and err on the side of awarding lots of badges!)


Sending 72-Hour Reminders
1. Routinely check the Prep Log column "Hours Elapsed"
2. Watch for Preppers who have exceeded 48 hours since their last post
3. Hours Elapsed between 48 and 72 hours will be highlighted orange
4. Send encouraging email reminders, IM's, and/or C-notes ("(de)Motivational cNotes [18+] proceeds go straight back to Prep, but you may use any appropriate C-note)

NOTE: If a Prepper is extremely close to the 72-hour mark, it might be better to make an effort to reach them immediately, such as via IM. If they are offline when you send the reminder, and they don't get the reminder until it is too late, it can be frustrating for the Prepper. Use your judgment to determine whether you think an offline user is too close to the 72-hour mark to save.


Additional Optional Duties
Cheerleaders are encouraged to perform the following additional duties and implement any other they devise.

1. Post motivational and/or funny "demotivational" posts in the forum
2. Watch for Preppers struggling with assignments and offer encouragement in the forum and/or via email, IM or C-notes
3. Direct Preppers to Leaders for more thorough assistance, if necessary

NOTE: The Leaders are responsible for answering questions and assisting Preppers through struggles, so you are absolutely not required to do that yourself. You are welcome to give it a try if you would like. Just don't feel bad about handing off a struggling Prepper to one of the Leaders, because that's their job. Sometimes assistance requires reading through the Prepper's work and helping them brainstorm, which can be very time consuming.


*Dollar**Dollar* You will have access to group funds for awarding GPs, Cheerleading Merit Badges and sending cNotes to stragglers. *Dollar**Dollar*


The primary duties of the Head Cheerleader are:
1. to delegate tasks to the other Cheerleaders,
2. to collaborate with the other Cheerleaders on new ideas to implement, and
3. to make sure awards, logging, and reminders are happening regularly throughout October.

The Cheerleading team is encouraged to work together to devise other creative ways to motivate our Preppers and help them succeed.


As always, *Heart* THANK YOU *Heart* for volunteering. Your time is valuable. As enormous as this event has become, we could not pull it off without you, and I don't take your contributions for granted.

FORUM
October Novel Prep Challenge  (13+)
2023 Sign-ups are CLOSED. A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
#1474311 by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
© Copyright 2013 BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ (tuozzo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1954756-Prep-Instructions-Cheerleaders