*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1955445-work-in-progress
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Other · #1955445
a follow up on advice i was given :) I hope you enjoy it. Also unfinished. will work soon.
I swear at the teacher and punch the wall behind his head, causing a heavy crater in the center of the impact. The plasterboard crumbling under the duress of the impact, sends a small cloud of dust into Mr. Blake's mid length, jet black hair as he winces from the anticipated strike. I move away and curse under my breath as i kick a chair.

I walk out of the room and find the toilets to calm down. As i splash my face i analyse what i see in the mirror and i think about how different things would be if only others understood the pressure on my shoulders.

You see, most children grow up being told that monsters and aliens aren't real. Most children wish for barbie dolls and action figures while i was given tutorials on the best way to dispose of an attacker.

I know that I have a lot going on in my life and I always knew this was bound to happen, as the lights get closer and closer, signing the pending apocalypse, I become more on edge. I take in my dark expression and piercing blue eyes. As the last remaining droplets of the water run off of my face a grab a handful of tissue and dab my face as dry as possible, before leaving the bathroom and facing my demons.

I walk into my next classroom late and casually ask if I had missed anything. As the teacher opens his mouth I hold up a finger and say;

"I wasn't talking to you, I wanted to know abut who George fingered at lunch. Apparently she was a right slut." With that the entire class in fits of laughter, while Mr. Evans stands at the front, not quite knowing what to do with himself. I take my rightful seat at the back of the room to a volley of comments regarding my epic entrance. I zone out as Mr. Evans bores us to death. I put my feet up on the desk and rock back on my chair for the remainder of the lesson. We finally get released and i walk off to go to the final hell hurdle. As i stand outside the class, the head of English walks up to me and pulls me to one side. He says that i have a detention on Friday for the way i acted earlier.

" And you re lucky it is not anything more severe." he finishes.

As he walks on i walk into my final lesson. I sit in my place and i think about my life, and i think about all of the Christmases and birthdays that never happened properly. No birthday cakes of Christmas dinners, no spending gift money in toy shops or game shops. I never enjoyed knowing the truth about all of this.
© Copyright 2013 Robert Wallis (bertswallis97 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1955445-work-in-progress