*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1956362-The-Sky-Flash-Fiction
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #1956362
something in the sky
  The day was cool, as Teddy and I played outside. We were twelve and full of life. We used our energy as running from the backyard, threw the woods and into the field. We see a storm cloud cover the sky. "Teddy look," I said. With one small, finger pointing upward. There seemed to be a large bubble shaped circle in the sky.  We watched as the bubble began to glow and then zip across the sky. Suddenly it stopped as though it spotted us. A beam of light struck the ground nearly knocking me off my feet.

  We ran over to it and found a light blue transparent glob floating in midair. Teddy reached his arm out to touch. "It's gummy," he said. Just then the object shocked him he fell to the ground motionless. I screamed at the top of my lungs and the object vibrated as it returned to the bubble and zipped away. I gently shook Teddy until he comes to. "It was ice cold and the jolt ran through my whole body, it was scary." He said.  "Don't worry its gone now." I said reassuring Teddy sat up his hair was a mess. A frown swept over his face "It's coming back!" He shouted. We sat there frightened as a large bubble decent overhead. The beam of light encircled us. The glob shocked us many times making us weak and feeble.

  When the glob entered the bubble it left immediately I signed with relief until I had seen it took Teddy with it.












      258 word count

© Copyright 2013 bluemistfairy (bluemistfairy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1956362-The-Sky-Flash-Fiction