*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1956600-My-Halloween
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #1956600
Its all fun and games on Halloween night, until the bodies start to fall.
"BANG!!"
I opened my eyes to see what the loud noise was that interrupted my sleep. I leaned over and turned on my bed side lamp. The light was blinding, but my green eyes adjusted quickly. I planted my feet on the floor and slowly stood up.
"What could that have been?" I muttered, scanning my room looking for anything that could have fallen.
"BANG!!!!!"
I immediately looked at my door. There was an eerie yellow light flooding through the seal around the edges. It banged again and the whole door fell off the hinges. A dark black figure stood in the frame and lunged at me, grabbing my throat. The figure slammed me against my window, pushing me harder and harder. It's grip was becoming tighter and tighter as I tried to escape. Then clear as day it said, "Ginger."
My name.
I then woke up. A cold breeze was flowing into my bedroom from my opened window. Orange and red fall leaves scattered my bedroom floor. I got up quickly, pulling my blankets over my shoulders. I slammed the window shut, cutting off the breeze. I moved my bedroom up to the attic so I had more space, and the window's were loose, so they always opened. I threw my blankets back on the bed.
"What a freaky nightmare, god." I said to myself, wiping my forehead.
I opened my the door into the bathroom and washed my face. I walked out and downstairs.
© Copyright 2013 Tiffany Perry (tiffanyperry at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1956600-My-Halloween