*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1957335-The-World-Under-the-Moon
by Kym
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #1957335
Prologue to my story The world under the Moon. Chapter one will be done shortly. Enjoy.
Prologue


         The bitter tears threatened to fall at any moment. The panicked heart beat echoed loudly in the pitch-black darkness around her. The fear was too real. Her heart pounding against her chest was excruciating. She was going to die alone in the darkness, with those hellish red eyes. His red eyes taunt her along with his white toothy dark smile. It was as if he enjoyed her fear, her pain. She felt her breath catch, her heart skip a beat. His hands were like claws reaching out for her. She let out a deathly scream.

         Ilene woke up with a fright her golden brown hair darkened from sweat. She could feel her heart beating rapidly as she gripped her chest. Squeezing her eyes shut she tried to erase the nightmare from her mind, but those red eyes always remained. Bitter tears rolled down her hot cheeks as she tried to hold back her sobs. This nightmare only seemed to be getting worse, and she couldn't understand why. They happened so suddenly and without cause. She felt like it was a warning, but for what? If only she could console to her grandmother. Her grandmother would always calm her down tell her everything would be okay, but her grandmother was gone again with an illness.

         With a jagged sigh she fell back into her bed letting the silence of the night calm her. Weakly she curled into a ball her thin damp sheets being her shield from the monsters in the night. Keeping her mind clear she closed her eyes humming softly to herself until she drifted off into a restless sleep.


© Copyright 2013 Kym (kym101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1957335-The-World-Under-the-Moon