*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1957496-A-Woman-Scorned
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #1957496
Young woman gets revenge on her the woman that scorned her.
Kate sits in a dark alley, waiting for the chance to take down the woman who ruined her life. But she doesn’t have to wait long as the woman stumbles past, happily drunk and unaware of the danger closing in from behind . . . of the heavy, blunt instrument being brought down on her and the ensuing darkness.



The woman awakens a while later. Her eyes gradually adjust to the dim surroundings, revealing the interior of a factory that has long been stripped of its machinery. She’s also bound, gagged and all too aware of the warm stickiness oozing from her scalp.



“Hello, nice of you to join me,” says Kate, who steps over to the woman and removes her gag. “You can scream all you want, though no one will hear.”



“Why are doing this?” she asks, trying not to sob.



Kate sneers. “Don’t you even know who I am?”



The woman shakes her head in denial.



“Then allow me to refresh your memory,” Kate continues, pulling a picture out of her pocket and shoving it in the woman’s dirty face.



“How about now!” she yells.



The woman looks at the picture, and her eyes draw bigger as she recognizes the man in the photograph.

“So you do know?” Kate says.



“That’s because he’s my husband, the love of my life and you tried to steal him away from me. How does it feel to be a home wrecker?”



The woman is silent at first, not knowing how to react, “But I love him.”



Kate laughs. “Love him? You actually love him? All you were was a mistake. And yet you keep living in a fantasy world, where he’s yours.”



“You don’t know what you’re talking about. He loves me, too!”



“Then why did he ignore your calls and texts? ” Kate asked her.



“I don’t know,” she replied.



“That’s because he changed his number.”



“I’m so sorry,” the woman said, her eyes welling up with tears.



“ Please let me go, I won’t tell anyone.”



“Oh no, I’m not going to let you off that easy, I’ve been waiting for this moment for over a year now, here we are alone at last.”



Kate walks off into the darkness for a brief moment, returning with a black roll up case. She places it on the ground and opens it in front of the woman, who suddenly begins to cry out as she sees a row of knives.



“Oh my god . . . oh my god!”



"Ain’t no god here," Kate cut in. "Just the devil in me."



The woman continues to scream as Kate runs her fingers over the knives till she reaches the one that she desires and pulls it out. Kate walks over to the woman and slowly takes the knife a runs it up her right arm, then down her cheek. Kate grabs the woman by her hair and tilts her head to the left and carves a piece of skin off her right cheek. She screams in agonizing pain.



“Now no one will want you with a face like that,” she laughs.



She begins to cut again, until finally hours later she asked.



“Have you had enough?”



The woman moaned in agony.



“Don’t worry,” said Kate, “it’s almost over.”



Kate walks behind the woman and leans over to her ear and whispers,



“Fuck you, you stupid bitch.”



Kate places the tang of the blade below her left ear and with one swift pull of the knife she slits her throat. The blood runs down her chest and pooled in her lap. Kate then walks over and sits on a chair in front of the woman, in silence for a few moments. Kate gets up and starts to clean up. Kate lays a plastic tarp on the floor and unties the woman’s body and rolls her onto the tarp. Wraps her up nice and tight, so she will not get blood in her car. Kate finishes cleaning and bags up all the evidence. Kate changes and places her bloody clothes in a bag and loads the trunk of the car.



Kate gets in the car and drives about an hour out of town, onto a dirt road and goes about 30 miles and comes to a clearing and parks the car. As Kate turns off the car, she stares into the woods looking for closure, but feels nothing. Kate unloads the trunk and walks about 100 feet into the woods, when she stops, there’s a hole in the ground about 6 feet deep and 4 feet wide. Kate throws everything into the hole including the dead weight that she has been carrying around. Kate begins to pour gasoline over the contents of the grave, lights a match and throws it in, standing there staring as the flames get higher and higher. Kate tilts her head to the side and smiles slightly and breathes a sigh of relief…



Kate wakes up confused, looks down and her hands are tied to a chair and she has duct tape over her mouth.



“Hello, nice of you to join me,” said a woman’s voice.







`

© Copyright 2013 Jennifer Rose (jenniferrose83 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1957496-A-Woman-Scorned