*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1957699-Setting--1-Description---Mr-Autumns
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Assignment · Action/Adventure · #1957699
Pickpocket On Slave Street - Setting #1 Description CONTEST Entry
As Mr. Autumn guided me into the bakery the warm smell of bread and scones filled my nose. Yes, Mr. Autumn didn’t make much more than that, but they were one of the greatest things to consume. His breads were always fresh and sometimes had a light taste of nutmeg in them, why the scones were baked to perfection with a moist taste.

Past the old doorframe the manila walls peel in chunks revealing the building’s skeleton. The few shelves that still stood tall in the bakery held the location of the wonderful smells that filled the room. The floorboards were rotten and splinting; as I walked they made a sickening sound, as if you would fall right through into the underground pipeline with one false move. The counter was most likely the newest thing within the whole place, sanded countertops and its freshly painted stands.

As we walked past the shelves and almost new counter Mr. Autumn made a small detour to the two stoves in the very back. It was amazing that they still did their job, you would think that they were older then the town itself. After Mr. Autumn hit one of the stoves a few time just to keep the fire burning inside, we made our way to the old and broken stairs that led to his home.

The second level was in no better condition than the first. Walls had a few holes in them, floor had an inch a dust laying on it, and the musky odor seemed to be one with the room, it was suficating to stay in the room for too long. A stool hid behind a few stakes of books in the left corner, why a wood burning furnace stood at the other side.

I took a seat on the tired couch that took refuge in the very center. Mr. Autumn left the room for the only other door there was. I had never seen beyond it, and I began to ponder quite a bit on what could be hidden behind it.
© Copyright 2013 Raye-the-Amazing (rayetheamazing at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1957699-Setting--1-Description---Mr-Autumns