*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1958730-Woods
by Morgan
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1958730
A girl in the woods with someone watching.
         “It’s fine. You can do this. There’s nobody here but you.” I thought to myself. Ahead of me was the well-worn ground and behind me, the trees were closing in on where I entered. I didn’t know where I was going, just that I needed to get away, away from all of the agony, all the torment, the yelling, everything. I couldn’t take it any longer. My head throbbed and my feet hurt. I saw an enormous oak a few feet away and rested my head on its trunk. I awoke what seemed like a few moments later from a loud noise. An annoying buzzing noise that sounded near. I quickly jumped up and started darting further into the woods. It sounded like it was getting closer. I couldn’t take it anymore. I stopped in my tracks and looked around. There was nothing there.
         “Buzza-zzzz-azzz”
“What is that behind the tree?,” I thought to myself. “What are you? Who are you?” I screamed. The noise stopped and I started walking closer to a gnarled pine tree. I peeked behind but there was nothing there.
         “Hmm.,” I wondered aloud. I turned around and started heading out. I didn’t want to be here anymore if there was something in there. I emerged from the woods and it was later than it thought it was.
         “I must have been out there for quite a while,” I whispered to myself.
         “Buzza-zzzz-azzz” The noise was back. I turned around but nothing was there. I sat down and felt something in my pocket. I reached in and found my phone. I guess I forgot that I had it with me. I didn’t recognize the number so I opened the text.
         “I’m watching you. –T” Was all it read.
© Copyright 2013 Morgan (morganperry98 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1958730-Woods