*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1959910-Im-gonna-miss-her
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Morgan
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1959910
Fishing VS. Wife
I came home from fishing today and my wife was standing in the door way.
“Whats the matter?” I asked politely as possible. “Are you okay? Are you hurt?”
I walked over to her and placed my hand on her shoulder gently.
“Do you love me?” she asked.
“Of course I do. We’re married aren’t we?”
“Yes. Do you love fishing?” she said staring into my eyes.
“Yes.” I said confused.
She walked over to my fishing pole and picked it up.
“Do you love me more than fishing?” she whispered.
“Of course not darling. I’m not married to my pole. I’m married to my lovely wife.” He answered. He walked over to her and took the pole out of her hands, then placed it gently on the counter wiping away some dirt.
“If I loved fishing more than you don’t you think that I would have asked you to marry me?” he asked in a baritone voice.
“I don’t know anymore. Ever since we got married you haven’t even told me that you loved me. You tell that fishing pole that you do! You spend all your money on that thing. Never one me.” She yelled. “And I’m going to say one more thing and I’m done. You have to make a choice. Its either me, or fishing.”
“This is the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do in my life.” I thought to myself.
I love her but I love fishing. I just… I don’t…I picked up my pole and looked her dead in the eyes. I love you, but if you can’t love me for me, then I guess were done.” He said sternly.
I walked out that door and started the truck. Ironically “I’m gonna miss her” by Brad Paisley was playing.
© Copyright 2013 Morgan (morganperry98 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1959910-Im-gonna-miss-her