*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1958731-The-Willow-Tree
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1958731
A scary night at the park.
“What is that behind the tree?” Madison asked. It was dark where they were laying. The light of the moon was the only light around. Shadows printed on their faces as they lay and watched the stars.
“I don’t know. I didn’t see it. What did it look like?” asked Tommy. He seemed a little concerned. She had been acting oddly today. He didn’t know what was wrong with her. She just wouldn’t talk about it. She was always keeping secrets from him. It bothered him that they had been together three years and she was keeping secrets from him.
“It was big. Like a bear but I think it might have been a person,” she said. The nearby willow had always been creepy at night. The way the leaves swayed always reminded her of an old man, the way they walk all hunched over.
“Do you want to leave?” Tommy asked.
“No. If it is somebody they are probably just walking. We’ll be fine.”
“Alright then, if you think we’ll be okay,” he said. Secretly he wanted to leave. He had always hated this spot, especially at night. It was cold at night here and she wanted to come to this park almost every night. He knew it was just that this park brought back memories of her childhood but he never felt comfortable here.
Slowly, Madison began to fall asleep on Tommy’s chest. This is the part of the night he really loved; when he could just lay and listen to her breathe ever so softly. Tonight just wasn’t the same though, he felt someone watching them. Out from behind the tree came an old man, probably in his fifties. Spit began to slowly dribble from his mouth. Before Tommy could awake Madison, the man pulled a gun.
© Copyright 2013 Taylorhux (taylorhux03 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1958731-The-Willow-Tree