*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1959161-On-the-Run-A-Twisted-Start-Ch-4
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1959161
16 yr. old Evaleine is born into a unique tribe with a hard time in the outside world.
[Ch. 4]
Who Can we Trust?

The two finished packing, and started walking out the red polished door. Suddenly a large car pulled up in the front of them. Erin flipped Evaleines hood over her ears. She folded the silver tipped ears down. Erin's parents walked out of the car in uniform. "Hi, mom. Hey, dad." Erin said. "It's his parents!" Evaleine thought surprised. Erin's mother was an average size girl with caramel colored hair, green eyse, and her skin was fair toned. Erin's father was very tall, with dark brown hair, blue eyes, with extremely pale skin. "Who's she?" His father questioned. "A friend." Erin replied. The site of the uniform frightened Evaleine but she also recognized one of them. She turned and clung tightly to Erin's shirt and began to cry. Erin's father recognized the girl. "Take that hood off miss." He said. Erin wrapped his arms around her to comfort her and held a hand protectively over her hood so her ears could not be revealed. Erin's father ripped the hood off Evaleines head. "Knew it." He said. His mother didn't look surprised either. "You promised." Evaleine whispered to Erin. Erin wouldn't let anything happen to her. He loved her so much. Erin pushed his father away, "Don't hurt her!" He yelled in rage. "Relax son." Erin's father said, his mother nodded in agreement behind him. "We would never. It was unjust there." He continued. Erin looked down at Evaleine. "We have to go. She's already been shot once and I have to find somewhere safe.". Erin's mother dipped her head. "Best wishes, Erin." She said to him. "Come back soon. Safe." She added. Erin nodded. He got in the car with Evaleine. "I'll see you soon." He said to them. Erin drove off. "We will go to Jaks house for now" He said and sighed. Evaleine thought back. "I'm sorry, Erin. I love you. I promise there's nothing there..." She said. Evaleine attempted to kiss his cheek but he resisted. The two were quiet for the entire ride. They arrived and put some of their things inside. Jak welcomed them in. Erin went and took a nap, Evaleine curled up on the ground by him.

When Evaleine woke up she noticed the odd mood of the room with Jak sitting in a wooden chair. Him and Erin didn't look happy, and Evaleines look only showed confusion. "W-what? What happened?" She asked. She looked at Erin for a truthful answer. He only replied "Nothing." He then left the house. Evaleine wanted to chase after him but just didn't know if she had done the wrong doing. She looked at Jak. "W-why is he acting so strange?" She asked, startled. Jak seemed to had something odd going on but he said convincingly "He's like that a lot. I'm not quite the same.". He bent down to Evaleine on the floor and kissed her. She would not betray Erin. She pushed Jak away. She turned her head away from him. "Stop." She said. Jak was surprised. He understood the rejection and reasoning but tried kissing her once more. She pushed him back again. Now they were sitting on the ground, both on their knees, Jak towering over her. He grabbed her chin and made her look up at him. "Oh how cute." He snickered. He was going to have fun messing with the two. He understood the love. He wasn't happy with either of them so he had a good plan, and if it was to not succeed he had plenty more.

Jak grabbed Evaleine forcefully and taped her mouth shut and her hands and legs together. He grabbed his phone and dialed 911. "Help. This girl attacked me. She had canine ears and a tail! She's in my house right now! Help!" He said. He was on the phone for only a moment and they sent police to his house.  He hung up the phone and smirked. "They are on their way. Prepare yourself." His said and tore the tape off her face. He figured she'd find a way out of the tape, or Erin would return for her and release her. Jak then left the house and went for a walk.

Evaleine cried and screamed for Erin to help her. Erin came bursting through the door. He quickly unraveled the tape from around her wrists, then did the same with the tape around her ankles and thighs. He could hear the police sirens in the distance. He pulled Evaleine from the house and dove into the bushes, holding onto tight to her.
© Copyright 2013 Jay Heron (xjayzkittlesx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1959161-On-the-Run-A-Twisted-Start-Ch-4