*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1959587-Break-Providence-Chapter-2
by jazjaz
Rated: E · Chapter · Teen · #1959587
Alex meets a boy Yuki while in a burning building who knows more than he's letting on
BREAK PROVIDENCE
Chapter 2
Wrath of the Phoenix


9th street Abayant City
One block from Oakwood Apartment


"Hey Alex, what happened are you alright?" Cher asks with worry.

Alex looks to where the building is and stares blankly. The 6th story building is covered in fire....

"Alex, the building is on fire isn't it? Hey say something?" Cher's voice echoes loudly from Alex's phone.

Alex regains his composure and puts the phone back in his ear.

"Yeah, how did you know Cher?" Alex speaks with a confused voice

"I'll tell you later, you know what to do right?" Cher asks.

"Yes I'll call you back." Alex hangs up the phone and puts it in his pocket. Alex then sits back on his motorcycle and goes to the direction of the burning building.


Meanwhile back in front of the bank


Cher hangs up the phone on her end and thinks to herself, "that idiot, don't tell me he went there."

Cher then ran to the other direction back to her apartment.


Oakwood Apartment 2 mins later


Al arrives at the scene, he parks the motorcycle on the street near the opposite building and takes off his helmet and throws it away in a hurry. He then runs toward the burning apartment building. Al notices that 2 fire trucks are already at the scene. He also notices people going out the building and three firemen entering. The fire is on the 5th floor, its spreading quickly, the whole floor and little parts of the 6th and 4th floor are getting caught on fire. The firemen are firing hoses of water on the 5th floor while there are other firemen using their powers of water and spraying them on the building as well.

Al runs toward a fireman on the scene. The fireman has just finished giving orders to another fireman and that person just left.

"I'm from Providence, Alex Kypel, what's the situation? A group has already entered the building right?" Alex got the man's attention who gave a glance to him as well.

"Glad to see you here, but the situation is already under control. We got an early warning and the residents have been evacuated. Plus we have power users too." The man said to Alex.

"What do you mean by early warning?" Alex suddenly got confused

"Yeah a resident said that some kid entered the building and rang the fire alarms. He also screamed about a fire so the residents went out on the spot." The fireman scratched his jaw.

Alex pauses for a quick moment, then proceeded to speak. "Where is this kid now?"

"The residents said that he went inside saying some little girl was left inside. I already sent people to find them. Since the fire is under control they should be in no danger." The man said.

Suddenly a loud explosion is heard from the building. The fire suddenly got bigger again and the sound of a giant squawk can be heard followed by a big breeze of wind. Alex, and everyone else suddenly felt a chill down their spine and parts of the building rocks falls on the floor.

"WHAT WAS THAT?" The fireman next to Alex sounded alarmed.

"I don't know but looks to me we can't call this under control yet. Give me a gear quick." Alex gave the man a serious look.

"Ok got it." The man says

Moments later
Alex already straps in the fireman's uniform, including the oxygen tank. Then he looks at the fireman.

"Keep things under control here. I'll go in and check on the inside." Alex says in a serious voice.

"You got it." The man then proceeds to shout orders to everyone else and the water power users continue to spray on the building.

Alex runs to the door to enter. He passes the first floor lobby and enters the emergency stairs. Alex continues to run up the stairs until he nearly reaches the 4th floor emergency exit. Alex notices that the fire is especially strong on the 4th floor.

"So the source of the fire from outside came from here." Alex thinks to himself.

Alex gets to the emergency exit of the 4th floor and opens the door slowly. As soon as he opens the door fire suddenly blazed. Alex creates a shield with his right arm and uses it to shield himself from the fire. He then runs inside the door where the fire is everywhere at the same time doing his best to shield himself.

"Is anyone here?" Alex screams in an attempt to get someone's attention.

"Hey over here" Alex hears a voice near him and then suddenly the fire next to him is hit by a surge of water and is put out.

A man in a fireman's suit approaches Alex. Alex deactivates the shield he made and it broke apart into tiny pieces.

"Huh what was that about, you don't look familiar?" The fireman surprisingly asks Alex about what he just saw.

"That's my power, I'm from providence, and so are you a power user too?" Alex asks

"Oh I see, and you saw from the water splash huh?" The fireman giggles

"Yes you used your own hands instead of a tank." Alex nodded

"Yeah water power users tend to be firemen." The fireman says

"Anyway what's going on here? There was another explosion and then we heard a big squawk sound and I heard there were a little girl and a kid here." Alex says with a serious voice

"I don't know about the squawk but I did see a kid run past here just now. I tried to stop him but he ran upstairs saying the little girl is on the 6th floor. I just lost him before I saw you." The fireman says

"Ok we should go to the 6th floor; some of your guys are there too right?" Alex asks

"Yeah another guy" The fireman answers back

"Ok let's go." Alex says

Alex and the fireman start running back to the emergency stairs toward the 6th floor. Then while outside the 6th floor emergency exit, they once again hear a squawking sound and another explosion happens.

"What is that?" The fireman exclaims.

"We're about to find out. Ok brace yourself." Alex slowly opens the door but then another explosion blows the door apart.

Inside the door a man in a fireman's suit is blown away to the ground. Alex and the other man tend to him. Alex looks at the other direction and grows pale...

Meanwhile somewhere on the road, Cher is in her car stuck in traffic. She is worried and is getting tensed up.

Back to the building, Alex looks in disbelief as in front of him lay a giant flaming phoenix. It squawks and flaps its wings heavily blowing a big fireball towards Alex and the others.

"LOOK OUT." Alex creates a metal shield to protect him and the other firemen. But as soon as the fireball hit his shield he is pushed away because of the blast. The two firemen grab Alex's arms and pull him away to safety. They all take cover behind a wall.

"This building won't last any longer, where do that thing come from and where is the kid and the little girl?" Alex asks

"Yes the kid went that way through that door." The second fireman pointed to a door across a hallway. He continues speaking, "I tried to follow him but that monster suddenly appeared, it was blocking my way."

"We should prioritize rescuing them first; can you two distract it for me?" Alex exclaims

"Sure." The two firemen nod at each other and fires water from their hands to the phoenix.

Alex runs toward the hallway where the second fireman pointed to earlier. He then reaches the door and hears a voice.

Inside the room, a teenaged blue haired boy and a blonde haired little girl are inside.

"Don't worry I'm here for you Lily." The blue haired boy says with concern

"Th-thank you brother Yuki." The little girl Lily answers back.

The boy Yuki carries Lily on his back. At that moment Alex enters the room. Both Yuki and Lily get surprised and look at Al's direction. Alex is relieved in seeing them

"Are you two alright?" Alex says

"Yes" Yuki nods his head. "I knew you would come." Yuki then smiles back

"Huh?" Alex is confused

"A-ah Ah I mean, you're a fireman right?" Yuki asks

"Yeah in a way" Alex looks at Yuki with curiosity then continues talking. "Come on let me carry her." He then looks at Lily

Yuki bends down to let Lily off, Lily starts holding Yuki's shirt tightly.

"I'm scared please don't let me go brother Yuki." Lily then grabs on tight on Yuki's neck.

"Wait she's getting scared. Let me hold on to her." Yuki keeps Lily on his back

Suddenly screams can be heard outside the door. Alex, Yuki and Lily are startled then they come out of the door. They see the two firemen losing badly to the phoenix and are both injured by burns.  

"Are you two alright? Can you two stand?" Alex asks with concern.

The two firemen struggle to get up. "Y-yes we'll live." One of the firemen answers back.

Yuki goes to where Alex is then asks in a scared voice "S-sir what are we going to do?"

At the same time Lily on Yuki's back is shaking in fear

"This is bad, this thing is blocking the way and there is no way we can slip pass it with 2 injured guys and this building won't last any longer." Alex grows desperate in thought.

Suddenly Yuki feels a sensation and his eyes glow blue. Yuki then thinks to himself for a moment.



Alex noticing Yuki suddenly gets confused, shortly after the glow on Yuki's eyes dissipates.

"Are you alright ki-", before Alex can finish his statement Yuki interrupts him

"Sir, please draw its fire for me." Yuki states

"Huh?" Alex is surprised then regains his composure and does what Yuki says.

Yuki looks at the firemen, "Mister, I mean both of you please come with me."

The two firemen are injured but they can still walk, they then go with Yuki back to the room he went inside earlier.

Inside the room, Yuki looks at into the kitchen and sees a kerosene tank there.

"It's still untouched and there is no fire here yet, thank goodness." Yuki sighs with relief. He then continues talking "Lily please, stay here for a moment."

Yuki drops off Lily from his back and rubs her head. "I'll be back ok?"

Lily is in the verge of tears and nods to Yuki with a scared face.

Yuki suddenly grabs the kerosene tank and freezes his hands to get a firm grip on the tank. "Please help me lift this." Yuki begs the two firemen to help him

"ARE YOU CRAZY KID? as soon as that phoenix fires a fireball at as we'll be blown to smithereens." One of the firemen blurts out the statement.

"Ahh Um W-We can throw this at the phoenix; the explosion can blow it apart at least long enough for us to escape." Yuki says.

The two men notices Yuki shaking but at the same time realizes that regarding their current situation, either way they would be dead.

"Ok, its better than not doing anything" The two men hesitantly answer at the same time

Meanwhile

Alex tries his best to evade the phoenix's fireballs, but he knows he can't last any longer.

"What are they doing?" Alex grows worried

"Sir PLEASE RUN AWAY FROM IT" Yuki screams at Alex

Alex looks at the direction of Yuki's voice and sees the two firemen lifting the kerosene tank getting ready to throw it. Alex runs away while getting a word in. "ARE YOU INSANE."

The two firemen are hesitant to throw the kerosene tank.

"Wha-what's wrong?" Yuki asks the firemen next to him.

"It's too high up, the only way for it to blow is if the tank hits the monster." One of the firemen says.

"Its ok sir, please trust me just throw it as far as you can and then take cover." Yuki says in a serious voice

"Ok it's now or never." One of the firemen exclaimed. Then they both throw the kerosene tank as far as they can.

Both firemen run away toward a wall to take cover, Alex have also just run past them to take cover too. Alex looks behind him to see the kerosene tank flying toward the phoenix, however it starts falling to the ground and it didn't reach the phoenix. What's more to his shock Yuki is just standing his ground.

"IS THAT KID CRAZY?" Alex says with both shock and disbelief. He then turns to the other direction to face Yuki.  To his surprise Yuki's fingers is suddenly covered by a white light and after a millisecond he is holding a big icy needle.

"What?" Alex grow surprised

Yuki throws the big needle into the mouth of the spinning kerosene tank. The needle makes a direct hit on the mouth of the tank, which release a spray of kerosene near the phoenix. Then a giant explosion happens. Yuki covers his face with his arms, which he also freezes with ice to defend himself. But he is still blown away by an explosion.

END
TO BE CONTINUED




© Copyright 2013 jazjaz (jaz9684 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1959587-Break-Providence-Chapter-2