*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1960494-Break-Providence-Chapter-3
by jazjaz
Rated: E · Chapter · Thriller/Suspense · #1960494
Yuki and Alex escape the burning building but Yuki gets injured and is taken to a hospital
BREAK PROVIDENCE
Chapter 3
Overview of Abayant

Recap
Yuki throws the big needle into the mouth of the spinning kerosene tank. The needle makes a direct hit on the mouth of the tank, which release a spray of kerosene near the phoenix. Then a giant explosion happens. Yuki covers his face with his arms, which he also freezes with ice to defend himself. But he is still blown away by an explosion.


Yuki is blown away and he hits his head on one of the pillars of the room which renders him unconscious. The fire in the area causes some rocks from the ceiling to fall on an unconscious Yuki. Before Yuki is buried, Alex grabs his unconscious body and pulls it away to safety.

"Hey are you alright? HEY" Alex tries to wake up Yuki but he is out cold.

Meanwhile the two firemen came out from where they took cover from. They both look tensed up and surprised.

"What happened? Is it gone?" One of the fireman states

"Yeah it is but this kid is injured and this building is falling apart, grab the little girl and let's run!" Alex said in a serious tone.

Alex grabs Yuki's unconscious body and carries him in his arms, while one of the firemen takes Lily from the room Yuki left her in.

"Is the monster gone?" Lily asked with a scared voice

"Yes it is, the kid took care of it." The fireman carrying Lily on his shoulders answers her.

"Really?, Brother Yuki is soo cool." Lily answers him.

"We should get out of here now." The other fireman interrupts her

Alex and everyone else run to the emergency stairs and very quickly they run down the stairs. Blazing pillars and rocks are falling above them while they are running. Yuki is being held on Alex's left shoulder while Alex turned his right arm into metal and he repeatedly swats the falling debris. The firemen on the other hand use their power of water to blow the falling debris away.

Eventually the group reaches the ground floor which is luckily still intact with only some minor damage. The group goes out the door and is welcomed back by the other firemen and civilians.
"Whew, we made it back in one piece." The fireman holding Lily drops her off to the ground.

"Are you two alright? One of the firemen who came to welcome them asks with a look of concern on his face.

"The other injured fireman smirks and says "We'll live, thanks to those two."

He points at Alex still carrying Yuki closely.

"How about you Lily are you alright?" The fireman who carried Lily asked her

Lily nods while smiling. "Yes I am, how about brother Yuki?"

Alex brings the unconscious Yuki and he answers the question

"Don't worry, he's just unconscious. I'll bring him to the hospital myself; you two take care of this girl ok?" Alex answers back while looking at the two firemen with him in the building.

At that moment, a teenager in his late teens comes closer to Alex and company

"There you are Lily! You had me worried sick." The man interrupts the party with the statement.

"And who are you?" Alex asks the man

"This is my brother, Mr. Alex its ok. Lily smiles back at Alex"

"Come on we should take you to a hospital. I'll take her off your hands if it's ok sir?" The man asks Alex

"Sure, I guess." Alex answers back

"Ok let's go Lily." The teenager grabs Lily's hand and they start to walk away. Lily quickly stops and gets a word in

"Oh Mr. Alex, please tell brother Yuki that I said thank you for saving me." Lily smiles

"Oh sure" Alex answers while still holding on to Yuki.

After a short moment, Lily and the teenager are out of sight.

"Are they really siblings? They don't look alike." One of the fireman wonders

Alex then interrupts him and says "Ok I'll take this kid to a hospital, see you two again ok?"

"Sure thanks." Both firemen said the statement almost at the same time.

Alex then takes Yuki to his motorcycle, holding on to him tight he zooms away to a hospital.

Abayant General Hospital
1 hour later


Yuki slowly opens his eyes, his vision is hazy but he hears voices around him.

"Mr. Kypel, your friend is waking up", the voice came from a feminine voice.

Yuki feels dizzy, his head is in pain and he feels that he can't move his arms and legs.

"Hey are you alright?" said a male voice.

Yuki forced his eyes on a straightforward direction, slowly his vision becomes clear and he sees the same teenager he met during the fire.

As soon as he sees Alex's face, the boy suddenly wanted to jump away but realizes that he can't move any of his limbs.

Yuki looks at his arms and legs, which to his surprise are tied on the bed. His hands are grasping the metal bars above his head which are then tied in place while his legs are tied separately on the metal bars below.

Yuki glances at himself and notices his upper body is naked and his shoes are off. He has a pillow under his head and for some reason his forehead is wrapped in bandages.



Before Yuki can get a word out, he hears Al's voice asking a question

"Do you remember what happened to you?" asked Al with a worried voice

Yuki feels awkward and his face is red. But then he remembers what happened on the on the building.

"Uh um yes, I-I do" said Yuki with an awkward feeling. "T-this explains the bandage" while looking at the bandage on his forehead. "But um how does this explain everything else?"

"Yes, you're in a hospital", said Al while staring at Yuki. You only have a mild concussion. About everything else, your clothes are evidence and I have a lot of questions for you, besides this is more precaution since you're a power user, right?"
"Um ok, please ask your questions," Yuki feels uneasy but nods his head in agreement.

"Ok tell me why did you use a kerosene tank on the phoenix?" Alex asks Yuki

"Um well it's made of fire and I thought that blowing it up would break it apart, even if it puts itself back together, it will still give us a chance to escape."  

"I see, that's pretty smart, now back to my main question. What did you use to hit the kerosene tank, how did you throw it that accurately despite it spinning?

"I have ice powers and I've been practicing my aim with throwing darts."

Alex continues his questioning "ok and finally, Alex looks at Yuki's face intently. Yuki suddenly got uncomfortable. "Tell me about your other power?"

Yuki almost jumps up from where he's tied up. "Wh-what do you mean?"

"Don't lie to me, I saw how your eyes glow, that also leaves the question as to how you knew there was a kerosene tank and how you knew there was going to be a fire in that apartment." Alex expression got more serious

"Um I well." Yuki starts sweating all over his body. "C-could you please let me go first?"

Alex looks at Yuki intently "What's wrong are we happening to be hiding something?"

"P-please I can't stand someone staring at me like this." Yuki is blushing heavily

"I see embarrassed in showing some skin?" Alex smiles evilly

"Y-yes please, I'll answer all your questions after that please." The desperation is seen in his face as Yuki said that.

"No way, for all I know you can run after I let you go. Until I know what's what you're staying the way you are. Now talk what's your full name? What were you doing inside that building, how did you know about the fire" Alex barrages Yuki with multiple questions.

"Yuki, Yuki Mancio. I don't know, I don't know anything please this is my first visit in this city, my sister was supposed to pick me up from the train station."

"Huh? Wait right there kid. Mancio was it? And you said you have a sister?" Alex suddenly felt a chill on his spine.

The door opens and Alex and Yuki look at a woman entering the door with a look of curiosity on her face

"I see you met my baby brother Alex. Now I heard that you saved him from the apartment fire and that he was staying here but why is he stripped down and tied up like he's about to get laid?" Cher tries to keep her composure as she said that.

"Um um um it's protocol?" Alex is sweating and heavily sweat drops in embarrassment

Moments later Yuki is sitting on the bed he was just tied into and he's rubbing his wrists with each hand as the ropes on him were just removed. He then rubs a towel around his sweaty body.

Alex and Cher are next to each other and each is ready to say something.

"Sorry kid, my bad." Alex bows his head to apologize.

"I-its ok, c-could you please give me a shirt." Yuki covers his bare chest with his hands and starts blushing.

"Oh here you go", Alex gives Yuki a shirt to put on while jokingly covers his eyes.

"You had something for him to wear all the time and you STILL kept him shirtless?" Cher voice almost screams on Alex's ear.

"It's my bad, my bad ok? The nurse checked his heart beat so I just played along." Alex said with a frightened look on his face at the same time he puts both his hands in front of his face.

"Its ok its ok sis, please I'm confused what happened you didn't answer my call." Yuki already put the shirt on and is more confused rather than offended.

"Yeah I was supposed to pick Yuki from the train station, but I forgot because of our bank job. He called me saying a fire will happen on that said apartment building." As she says the statement Cher remembers to hear the message on her phone.

Message 2 11:10am Hey sister Cher, it's me I wish you gave me your cell phone number, I saw a sixth story apartment building with red paint and a gold paint sign saying Oakwood Apartment burning down. It might be before noon today because the sky is still clear."

"That's why I called you immediately Alex, I wanted to keep quiet about Yuki as much as possible because of his gifts. You obviously have a ton of questions right?" says Cher as she looks at Alex

"Yeah here goes." Alex explains everything that happened and also asks all his questions.

After a moment

"I see, all that happened in just an hour huh. And you already saw what Yuki can do so there's no point in hiding it. He may not look like it but Yuki is special because he has 2 powers. He has Ice powers and the ability to see the future." Cher states

Yuki looks shyly at Cher and Alex, while Alex listens intently

"Normally power users can use the elements of earth, fire, wind, and water. Using different properties of those elements like ice for the water element is already rare in itself. But a second ability to see the future is unheard of, that's why I tried to keep the secret." Cher closes her eyes.

"I see, so you kept that kid isolated and suppressed the use of his powers his whole life?" Alex asks

"That wasn't the plan but it did happen that way. Conveniently Yuki, Mom and I lived in the islands; Yuki's future vision power was easy to hide because it's an intangible power. There was no more discrimination on power users and Yuki's too timid to lose control of his ice powers so he blended right in." Cher giggles and looks at Yuki

Yuki looks away shyly but with a happy expression. Alex continues to listen without losing any focus. Then Alex asked a question.

"Whenever this kid sees a disaster or any unfortunate event, what did he do then?" Alex asked

"Huh? Well it's an urban community. Most power users and technology users are in this city so there were nothing much happening. When something does happen Yuki tells me and I check it out." Cher replies normally

"So this is his first time actually trying to stop his vision from coming through? How about the 2 years that you moved here huh?" Alex looks intently on Cher's face

"Yes that's right. He did try calling me but he couldn't reach me. As for the past 2 years that I was already here, we have a few friends on the police force there and they take care of it." Cher said with a smiling face and her hands are on her waist.

"I see so when the kerosene tank was spinning, he saw the exact moment it would face his direction and timed his shot then. So he's been practicing dart throwing?" Alex looks at Yuki's face

"Well um yes I'm bad at sports and I don't talk to people much so mom bought me a dart board and I've been practicing everyday." Yuki blushes as he answered the question.

"I see, hey Cher why did you let this kid go in this city?" Alex whispers at Cher

"Huh? What kind of question is that? Yuki insisted that he wanted to live with me so he took and passed a college entrance test here in Abayant College of Engineering. He starts class the week after next" Cher whispers back on Alex

"That's not what I meant; don't you even realize what MIGHT happen to a kid like this with these unique powers? If they find out, they'll definitely go after him." Alex's voice gets louder.

At that moment Yuki overhears Alex and Cher's conversation. "W-who will go after me?" Yuki nervously blurts out the question

"You never told him anything? What kind of an overprotective sister are you?" Alex almost shouts that statement.

"Sigh, yes I did think about that. But I can't keep him away from this city forever. Otherwise he won't be able to move forward with his life if I keep him isolated forever." Cher answers with a calm voice.

"Ok you're right, let me tell him then." Alex looks at Yuki then grabs him on each shoulder.


"Kid this city is the country's main capital. In fact this is already 70% of the whole country. It may be peaceful in the islands/urban areas but its very different here in this city." Alex states

"Is it because of the power users and technology users?" Yuki tries to force a smile

"I'm afraid it is, Yuki. The government's control in this city isn't as tight as you might think. This city is constantly under attack by power users and technology users alike. That's why our group Providence is here." Cher answers

"Yes, two major criminal groups are constantly trying to fight for supremacy and it's the citizens that suffer the crossfire." Alex continues Cher's explanation

"What? You mean a gang war?" Yuki asks the question

"Yeah something like that, Cluster Tech is an organization that uses technology, robotics and machines while the other group, Magicians Pentagram is another group who uses, recruits, and enhances the powers of power users." Alex answers
"Power users are genetically given an element power. Technology users are normal people who are given gadgets to be able to emulate powers" Cher said


Cher continues her explanation "Currently both groups are looking for ways to gain the upper hand; something new to add to the equation will tip the scales to the favor of the other."

"An example of that something or someone is you kid." Alex states

"What?" Yuki starts to get scared

"With your unique powers, if those two groups ever find out, they will definitely go after you." Alex looks at Yuki's face intently

Yuki swallows his breath. What he just heard sent a chill down his spine...

END
TO BE CONTINUED



© Copyright 2013 jazjaz (jaz9684 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1960494-Break-Providence-Chapter-3