*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1959756-Prince-in-my-Dreams
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1959756
Can she convince everyone, in time, that she can see him in her dreams?
I'm not exactly sure when these dreams began, but I know I've always had them. When I was a child, we would play at a jungle gym or splash in a kiddie pool. Now, though, they seem to be getting more intense, more real. Since we were teenagers and both of our fathers passed in a couple of months of each other, we seem to be getting closer, stronger in our relationship. I know, I know, they are just dreams and being that I've never met Alex in real life, this hardly constitutes a relationship, but still, I can't shake the feeling that maybe he has them too.

         Everytime I wake up, I feel odd, not in the sense that I'm creeped out, but more of a wondering, "Is he having these dreams, does he know I exist?" Just to be clear, this isn't some kid from school that I have the hots for, this was the PRINCE.

         Yes, I know, I thought for a moment that maybe I had succumb to the obsession that the girls all have over him, don't get me wrong, with his dark features and messy to perfection dark hair, he's rather attractive, I've just never cared that much. I mean, I've never sat around and thought about being a Princess, I'd rather be Mia Hamm. The heels and dresses and hoopla just do not entice me, I knock it out of the park when I do dress up, but it's not something that tickles my fancy enough to do it regularly, plus it's a lot of work.

         I have never met Alex in real life, I have seen him around town or at the base where my uncle is his Admiral, but never bothered to say "Hey." Truth be told, I avoid him like the plague. I don't know if I'm more nervous that I will find out he does have these dreams, or he doesn't, so I just steer clear of the situation. Since I have lunch with my uncle twice a week, it can be difficult to avoid him at times, but I make it work.

         ***

         As I pull into the base, I waltz up to my uncles office, "Good Afternoon, Admiral." Being on base, I have to be formal. He waived his hand at me to come in as he continued riffling through papers on his desk.

"I'll be ready in a minute Riles. I'm thinking Mexicano, you?"

"I think that's the best idea you've had in a while." I responded with a laugh.

He signs the last paper, hands them to the private next to him, "Ready?" 

As the waitress drops our drinks off, my uncle turns to me, "So, I need a pretty big favor from you."

"Yea, what's up?"

"Ok, so please don't get mad," oh this never ends well for me, I thought, "I kind of, maybe, sort of, told Captain Alex that you would be his date for the ball tomorrow night."

         I sat there, just staring at him, trying to process what the hell I think he just said.

"Riley, Riles, you ok?"

"Oh me, yea just great. Question, why does the Prince need a date, doesn't he have a girlfriend, or any girl that's a backup?" Now, I already knew, kind of, that Alex and his girlfriend broke up, he told me in our dream last night.

         "Well, his girlfriend just broke it off with him yesterday and is refusing to go to the ball."

"So, what you're telling me is that, not you may have sort of, but that I'm going to the ball tomorrow night, right?"

"Umm, yes" He winced a little like I was going to hit him.

"Here's my credit card. Your mom and Lacy are waiting at Lacy's shop for you."

I sat up straight in the booth, "So my mom knows about this?" He smiled, luckily for him the waitress arrived with our food.

         I sat there in silence as we ate, thoughts running through my head, basically me freaking out, like a CODE RED, STAGE 5 melt down. We pay, walk back to the base, as I climb into my car, I say to him, "Uncle Frankie, I stand by what I said earlier, Mexican was the best idea you've had in a while." He laughs a loud, gut deep laugh that I swear can be heard from 10 miles out.

         My mind was numb and racing all at the same time, I had no idea how or what to feel. I was so mad about my mom knowing and Lacy and the fact that I've basically been set-up for a blind date with a guy I dream about, who happens to be the FREAKING PRINCE and it's tomorrow! So I attempt, a feeble one at best, to get my barrings and decide to set my sights on my mother.

         
© Copyright 2013 JT Green (monirae at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1959756-Prince-in-my-Dreams