*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1960943-Rage
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #1960943
Use the phrase: Please call me back - 300 words or less
Hunter stared as he spun his wedding ring on the white formica desk and watched it spin until it slowed down and rattled flat.  He rubbed his eyes and sighed.  He opened the desk drawer to the left of him, looking at the divorce papers from his wife.  He hadn't signed them yet.  He picked up the phone, started dialing her but stopped.  Hunter’s boss leaned out of the doorway to is office.

“Come into my office Myers.” said Mr. Donatelli.

Hunter got up and walked into his boss’s office.

“Sit down”, Mr. Donatelli said.

Hunter sat down.

“What’s going on Jim?” Hunter said.

“You screwed it, you completely screwed it.” Mr. Donatelli said. “The Independence Bank loan, they pulled the deal because you didn’t file the paperwork in time.  They went with Caleb, they closed with them.  What the hell happened?”

“I was in traffic.  I couldn’t get to the county clerk.  I left you a message.  I called Pete asking him to help since he was also on the account.” Hunter said.

“Pete didn’t say anything about it.  Nonetheless,  have to let you go Hunter.  This is crippling to us”

“But Jim…”

“No…pack your desk and go”

Tears began to well up in Hunter’s eyes.  He gritted his teeth and walked out of Jim’s office.

“Hey man”, Pete said when he saw Hunter.

“You prick”, Hunter said.

He ran to Pete and punched him in the mouth knocking him down.  Hunter grabbed the phone receiver and began bashing Pete’s face in with it. 

“I left you six messages…please call me back, please call me back, Pete please call me back!” Hunter shouted and hit Pete with each utterance.

The office security team converged on Hunter and dragged him off of Pete whose face was bloody and beaten.

Word Count: 299
© Copyright 2013 TheMadWarlock (bellz666 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1960943-Rage