*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1961395-Eternity
by Daizy
Rated: E · Other · Family · #1961395
Love has no bounds


For Eternity


She liked walking, the smell of fall, the brisk wind, walking was how she came up with all her stories. Her name was Mary, she had lung cancer while she was in treatment, and she would beg us to let her walk in the woods to smell the fall, to feel the brisk winds. Mary hated being cooped up it made her edgy and sad. On one of the days I was watching her fight the treatment she begged me to let her, walk around outside. Once we got permit ion from the doctor that she could be outside for a few, we went out the door and the look on Mary’s face wouldn’t make you believe that she had cancer. She was laughing, playing in the leaves and jumping in puddles. When she started to slow down I new she would have to go inside soon, but the site of her just made me the happiest man alive. When I told her it was time to go in she looks at me and says we need to do this more often. I told her of course we would, but I didn’t believe it, as we were walking in two leaves fluttered by Mary’s feet and stopped. Mary bent down to pick up the two leaves and the look on her face I knew she had a story. She told me that the leaves were still green and that we were to put them in the freezer so they could always be green, for if they stay green for eternity then that is how long I will live and you will live with me. When she said that I knew she believed she would live for ever. I went along with it and said sure kiddo we will live forever, when we got back inside I put the leaves in the freezer and the most wonderful thing happened. When the doctor went to check up on Mary and have tests done, they found no trace of the cancer. Mary was cured and we have lived over six hundred years the leaves turned into beautiful roses and have been in the freezer ever since. Mary aged until she was full grown into an adult and I stayed the same age. We are married and have live together for eternity…



                                       
THE END


© Copyright 2013 Daizy (saydiee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1961395-Eternity